012: London

Alex was sitting in his hotel room in silence.

The past five days had made something very, very clear to both of them. The reversal had begun.

Daehyun still didn't have conscious control over most of his body, but he could now do tiny actions like open his eyes and move his fingers a little. However, it was only a matter of time before he would be completely in control. Every day he could do a little bit more than the day before. This meant that 1) Alex could no longer wake up at half ten because Daehyun always opened his eyes at half seven and 2) it was becoming a lot more difficult to pay for things with Daehyun's credit card.

The more control that Daehyun regained, the more it made their actions seem bizarre. One moment Alex would be reaching out for something, and the next Daehyun would be stopping his hand from moving.

"What do you think is going to happen? Is my consciousness going to be stuck in your mind just like yours is stuck in mine now?" Alex asked.

"I don't know. I was hoping that you'd just go back to your own body and leave me alone for good."

"That would be best. I can't imagine what it's like being stuck in someone else's body and not being able to do anything."

"Tell me about it."

Alex sighed and hugged his pillow, collapsing onto the bed. Everything was so uncertain now. He was finally making some headway with Eunri, but he had no idea how things were going to proceed from henceforth. In an ideal situation, he would wake up one morning to find himself back in his own body as the handsome Alex Yang and then he could finally go after Eunri as himself. In the less than ideal situation, he would still be stuck in Daehyun's body, except he would no longer have any control. He would be a parasite in Daehyun's mind. He knew what would happen in that scenario—Daehyun would be on the first flight back to Seoul.

A knock came at the door.

Alex walked over and opened it to find Eunri and Miyeon standing there. He couldn't help but smile when he noticed that Eunri was still wearing the teardrop shaped necklace that he had bought for her the other day.

"Hi Daehyun!" Miyeon greeted enthusiastically. Eunri simply stood beside her with a shy smile.

"Good morning ladies," Alex said, his eyes only on Eunri.

Miyeon nudged Eunri, and the latter said, "Umm so... we're heading to London tomorrow and, we were thinking..." She tilted her head and looked at her best friend, a little reluctant to continue.

"We were thinking if you might want to join us!" Miyeon finished the sentence with a flourish.

Alex was surprised. He wasn't expecting to be invited along. All this while he had been sneakily following Eunri as she made her way from city to city, but this time it was actually an open invitation! For a moment he thought he could hear angels singing from the heavens.

"Daehyun's probably busy. He has to work," Eunri quickly said. "I'm sorry, Daehyun, it was just one of Miyeon's crazy ideas. You don't have to take it seriously."

"Not at all!" Alex replied. "London sounds great! In fact, I actually have some clients over there so I could meet them while we're there. It'll be like killing two birds with one stone." He would have liked to be grinning from ear to ear right now, but Daehyun was restricting his facial movements so he couldn't.

"Well that's settled then! We'll all go to London tomorrow. I can't wait to go shopping at Oxford street!" Miyeon squealed.

Alex was so thrilled at the idea that he didn't realise that for once, Daehyun didn't say no.