013: London

If it was possible to have a cold war with yourself, then Alex was having one right now.

Ever since his revelation that his plan might not be going exactly as he expected and he might have in fact introduced a wolf into the house, he had been refusing to speak to Daehyun completely. Every time Daehyun tried to talk to him, he would pretend it was just a fly buzzing in his head.

"Are you going to keep ignoring me?"

Silence.

"Is there a reason for this?"

Silence.

"You know I may be stuck in your mind but it doesn't mean I can read it. What's wrong with you? Why are you acting like a completely different person?"

"Hello? Alex? Am I speaking to myself here?"

"Just shut up!" Alex stood up and shouted to no one in particular. He had been desperately trying to ignore Daehyun but Daehyun was too persistent. It was frustrating really, being stuck in the same body as your clueless love rival. The worse part was that Daehyun had completely no clue why he was being so angsty, which was even more annoying because it meant he couldn't properly hate the guy.

"Why on earth are you pissed off with me! Is it that time of the month?"

"Do you honestly not know?" Alex walked over to the mirror and sat down in front of it. Looking at Daehyun's reflection in the mirror made him feel like he was having a proper conversation with somebody instead of talking to himself.

"I won't know unless you tell me right? I offend people all the time, it gets hard to keep track."

Alex couldn't resist laughing out loud. It was so true. The way Daehyun talked really grated on you if you didn't know him well enough, simply because he was far too pragmatic and direct, and he could imagine that few people would actually stick around to get to know him at a different level. If they hadn't been stuck in the same body, then he probably wouldn't have bothered speaking to Daehyun for more than two sentences either.

"Do you remember why we started on this journey?"

"You mean why you started on this journey. I'm just the kidnapped victim here. Of course I remember, you wanted to hunt down Eunri and remind her of how much she actually loves you, and ideally you'd get a happily ever after once you get out of my body."

"Do you think that's happening right now?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"Throughout this trip you've been constantly reminding me that everything I say or do is being said and done in your capacity. As long as I am stuck here, then everything I do is being done as you. I didn't realise this before, but this might have been a huge mistake right from the start."

Daehyun didn't respond. A heavy silence set in, looming above their heads like a dark cloud. Outside, the winter rain pelted relentlessly against the windows.

"While I've been going around like a maniac chasing after her, and all these things I've been doing for her, I've been doing all of it as Alex Yang. But Eunri doesn't know that... She thinks that the one doing everything is you—Lee Daehyun." He looked straight at the reflection in the mirror, and a sadness appeared in his eyes. This was not his reflection, this was Daehyun, and this was the face Eunri had been looking at all this time.

"I'm just going to ask you one question now, so answer me honestly, alright? I think I may implode if I don't know the answer to this."

"What is it?"