014: New York

"You lied."

"I... I didn't lie. I was just trying to help you! I didn't do anything but supply you with an idea!" Daehyun tried his best to defend himself, even though deep down he knew that he was merely using another lie to cover up for the first one. He had already lost count of how many times he had lied to Alex over the past couple of days. Perhaps if he continued doing so, then he would begin to believe his own lies.

That he didn't like Eunri.

That it had been Alex who had taken the initiative to kiss the girl.

By now it was clear to both of them that the reversal was complete. Daehyun was back in full control of his own body, and Alex, on the other hand, was still stuck in his mind. They had hoped that Alex's consciousness would have hopped back into his own body just as easily as it had hopped out, but that hadn't happened. Instead, Lee Daehyun now had a mindworm stuck in his head called Alex Yang, and Alex had been extremely moody over the past couple of days.

"Okay fine, assuming I believe you, what are we going to do about it now? I'm still stuck in your body like a parasite, and Eunri thinks she's falling for you. This is so messed up!"

"Tell me about it..." Daehyun mused. One option for him would be to be a complete bastard and steal Eunri away for good, but that was going to be tough to execute considering Alex was still living inside him. The other option would be to stick to Alex's original plan and try to make Eunri remember her love for Alex. Either way, one of them would have to be broken-hearted.

"You're just going to fly straight back to Seoul and pretend nothing ever happened right?"

"Huh?" Daehyun was a little stunned by Alex's sudden question. He hadn't even considered the option of heading back to Seoul, even though it had already been five days after the reversal. Technically, he could just ignore all this and go back to his original life and his pile of work that waited for him. That would have been what the old Lee Daehyun would have done. Despite that, he was still here in London.

"Umm... I can't just leave like that. What's going to happen to your mission if I leave?"

"Sorry, Daehyun. I shouldn't have doubted you. You're a really good friend you know that? Even though you can be a jerk sometimes, and you are way too blunt with your words, and you're not as handsome as me. If I had a choice of whose body to be stuck in, I'd still pick you."

"Quit being so mushy, else I'm boarding the first flight back to Seoul."

A smile crept onto Daehyun's face when he heard Alex's words, but at the same time, he felt a pang of guilt inside him. Alex treated him like a true friend, yet he wasn't being completely honest with him. He felt like a rotten egg.

Right now, he was packing his luggage.

Eunri and Miyeon had already booked their flight tickets to New York way in advance, and since they invited him along, he decided to go. Whatever the outcome was, he needed more time to sort everything out. Once they were in New York, he would have to find some time to talk to Eunri about Alex. Both him and Alex needed to know whether or not there was still any hope in salvaging that relationship so that they knew what to do next.

"Ready for New York?"

#

New York was a concrete jungle.

As Alex looked around, all he could see were skyscrapers that seemed to go beyond the clouds, and there was hardly a tree in sight.

"I don't think I would like living here," he remarked.