Part 22

Agent Johnson was back in New York to try to find the pregnant turtle. Despite Agent Johnson's failures, Bishop had allowed him to have as many commandoes as he needed.

It had been well over three months since Leonardo had escaped from Agent Johnson's custody. The man knew that the turtle would head back to New York. He had found no signs of the turtle in Nebraska following the helicopter stealing. That turtle was a crafty one.

Johnson knew that he had to find Leonardo before it was time for the remaining two babies to be born. Agent Bishop needed the DNA from those valuable babies. And he knew the turtle wouldn't part with the babies so easily. He would find a way to subdue Leonardo and get the babies out of him when it was time.

....................

One night, a week before Thanksgiving, Don, Raph, and Mikey were out on patrol. It was a warmer night for once and they didn't have any clothes on other than their typical gear and weapons.

Seven commandoes were patrolling in a chopper and they spotted the three turtles on the rooftops.

"Agent Johnson, three of the turtles have been spotted."

Johnson perked up at that. "Pursue them, get a tracker on one of them. We might be able to find Leonardo that way."

"Yes, Sir."

The humans pursued the trio of turtles.

At one stop, Don saw they were being followed from the air. "Guys, I think we have trouble." He said, pointing.

"Bishop's helicopter! Don't let them shoot you! Run!" Raph ordered.

The three of them ran for their lives. Some darts and trackers in a rounder form were fired from the chopper.

The darts were not tranquilizers though. They were also trackers. They were meant to be distracters while the rounder trackers were to land on any one of the turtles' shells. But there were tranquilizer darts too, if they were needed.

The reptiles continued to get away. Then the order came to tranquilize them, then get a secure tracker on one turtle.

It didn't matter how much Don, Mike, and Raph tried to get away, darts were still fired at them, and they had gotten a few in their skin. They had only hurt them moments before, but now, darts were being fired again and this time, all three of them were hit in an arm or a leg and they began to get sleepy. But none would leave the others. In no time, all three were asleep on a roof.

The commandoes came down and checked out the turtles. Then one of them placed a secure tracker under the shell of Donatello, under one of his shell plates just next to the skin on his side. They were going to lead the humans to their lair whether they liked it or not, and Johnson was going to get his pregnant turtle back.
...................

The turtles soon came to and found themselves still on the rooftop and found no humans around. They looked themselves over and saw the small wounds inflicted from the darts but there were none around. Otherwise, they were just fine.

"We have to get back underground and tell Leo that the commandoes were after us." Don said.

"No kiddin'. Let's go!" Raph said.

The commandoes were now out of the chopper and were following the signal. They made sure that they kept a distance.

The turtle brothers got down from the rooftops and got into the sewers again.

The commandoes waited a little bit, and then followed them down and toward their lair no doubt. They called in double reinforcements.
...............