: ̗̀➛ 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐎𝐧 ✧.*

𝐌𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐤𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐲 𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐨 𝐈'𝐦 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐟�...

𝐌𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐤𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐲 𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐨 𝐈'𝐦 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭. <𝟑

𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐭𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐋𝐌𝐀𝐎.

"Two years is a long time, my love," you knelt before the stone in the quiet cemetery

"Two years is a long time, my love," you knelt before the stone in the quiet cemetery. "She's almost two now," you placed flowers on the gravestone. " I wish you could have met her, she has your eyes and wild hair," you hung your head. "In fact, she looks almost completely like you, she's healthy as an ox, though," you rustled through your coat for a picture- a picture of your daughter. "I know you would always worry about her being like you at all... but, it's better this way... she's preserving the best parts of you...for me."

A tear fell gently on the stone. "I know you're probably wondering why she's not with me now, she's at home being watched by Jayce and Mel-" you paused, realization hitting you, "they're married now, there isn't a day that goes by without them regretting you not being there," you chuckled. "You would get so irritated at them for thinking like that...Jayce actually cried six times at his own wedding. I had to give the speech in your place, it wasn't the same though, y'know?"

You leaned back onto the stone, looking at the evening sky. The sun was setting in purple and orange, not a cloud in sight. It felt like the universe was mocking you for mourning. Perhaps you should have looked at it more optimistically, but that was something you learned from him too.

"I miss your teasing. The way we would poke fun at each other in the lab. I miss your caring side, the one that would fuss over me when I was pregnant—" you closed your eyes, tears rolling down your cheeks. "I'm sorry for not always...appreciating you. God, I acted like such an ass some days. Yet you would always insist on being there with me," you flipped onto your side and opened your eyes. Your fingers traced the stone gently. "Why?"