Becca

Becca curls up on the ground, holding tightly to her knees. She buries her head in between them and begins to sob. Her cries echo in the empty, cold woods. She leans her back onto the frozen tree and looks to the darkening sky. A cool gust blows and it makes the tears on her cheeks sting. She looks down once more and curls up tighter, shivering from the unforgiving cold.
"Are you lost?"
Becca gasps and looks towards the direction of the voice to see an Asian woman crouching about six feet away. The young girl notes that the woman is wearing dark pants and a pure white trench coat. The woman's long, black hair falls from her shoulders and her silver eyes study the young girl.
Becca scoots slightly away from the woman, wincing from the movement. The young woman looks at the girl's ankle and it's red and swollen.
"Are you hurt?" The woman asks, tilting her head. Her eyes shine with concern, but she keeps her distance. Becca doesn't answer, instead looking around for any possible signs of help. The woman sighs.
"I don't want to hurt you."
Becca looks her up and down, but still says nothing. If her ankle wasnt hurt she would already be gone. Her parents told her not to talk to strangers.
A gust of wind blows and the woman's black tendrils blow with it. Becca shivers. "Are you cold?"
The woman finally moves from her crouch and lithely removes her pure white jacket. She doesn't move close to the girl, but she does throw the coat to her. Becca examines the coat and meets the woman's silver eyes. Her eyes then notice the bare arms of the woman. The young girl gasps when she notices that the Asian woman now has nothing on but a white tank top.
Becca grasps the jacket and then holds it out for the woman. Becca clears her throat, "It's too cold. You need a jacket."
The woman smiles, "I am okay. You need it more than me." The woman returns to her crouch. "It will make you warm."
Becca scoffs, but then she notices that her hand is no longer cold. The one that is holding the coat. She brings it closer to her and it's incredibly warm. She holds it to her chest and the warmth spreads from her heart to the tips of her toes. She looks back up to the woman, who is still crouching smiling. The woman's eyes drift and her smile fades. Her brow furrows and her lips pucker out.
"We need to get your ankle treated." She says, her musical voice resonating around them, making the young girl feel safer.
Becca, who is stuffing her arms into the woman's coat, grimaces, "I can't move." The woman looks at her and then offers her dainty hand.
She once again smiles, but it is much softer, "Would you allow me to carry you?"
Becca looks hesitant, "I can't trust a stranger." The woman leaves her hand out.
"I want to help."
Becca glances at her hand and back to the woman. She stares into her eyes, remembering how her mom said they were windows to the soul. There was only warmth and kindness contained in the silver eyes.
Becca reaches out her hand. The woman smiles and they are engulfed in a beautiful, golden light.

"Becca!"
"Becca!"
The young girl opens her eyes and she sees her parents over her. They are feeling her forehead and cheeks, making sure she is okay. Becca blinks.
"Where's the nice woman?" She asks. Her parents look at her confused. Becca sits up and she sees that she is in her yard. She is home. She is safe. She looks for the Asian woman.
"Where is she?" The young girl questions once more, looking to her parents for answers. They stare back at her in confusion.
"What woman, Becca? Did you hit your head?"
Becca blinks once more. Then a small voice tells her to look up. She glances up and she meets the silver eyes of the kind woman. The young woman raises her hand and waves. She still doesn't have her coat, but in its place are too marvelous wings around her. Becca grasps at the white coat and its warmth fills her once more. She gapes at the woman. And she waves back.
"Becca what are you waving at?" Becca looks at her parents and back to the woman.
But the woman is gone.