Doug

Crash.
"Watch where you're going!" A voice shouts, roughly shoving the other shopping cart out of his way. He grumpily walks away. "Trash like that shouldn't even be in a damn store."
Doug sighs, straightening out his cart and looking over his items to make sure nothing is broken. His eyes dart from the many plastic robots to the plastic dolls. Sharon told him what to get. She said they had specific things they wanted this year. Then they also had to get them clothes.
And this year they could finally afford it. Doug smiles, patting the wad of bills in his left jacket pocket. He had won $700 from a scratch off ticket. God was finally smiling down on him.
Doug starts making his way to the counter, confidently. He would finally be able to give his kids a good Christmas.
Trash like that shouldn't even be in a damn store.
Doug sighs, looking down at his ragged clothes. His shirt was riddled with holes and his pants were full of tears. His shoes were falling apart. Sharon could only staple it together for so much longer. Then Sharon... her clothes were in worse shape. She did the best she could, but her clothes were ten years old at this point.
He pats the wad of cash once more. They agreed to make the kids have a good Christmas this year.
Trash.
Doug glances up and sees a beautiful woman walk by. Her hair is black and flows down her back in a gorgeous fashion. Her silver eyes are framed by similar black frames. She is dressed well. Black dress pants and a white trench coat. She also had on a pair of white fluffy boots that Sharon had been eying a few weeks back.
The woman turns her head to face the ragged man. He turns red, surprised at being caught. She smiles and waves. He dumbly waves back and she passes on. Doug gapes after her and then he feels a harsh hit come from his side.
"Sorry." A voice mutters and then they walk away. Doug stares after them, before shrugging his shoulders and heading to the checkout counter. He makes it to the front and they start scanning his items. He watches as each toy is scanned and bagged. As his children's new clothes.
"Six hundred and ninety dollars." The cashier says, sounding bored. Doug smiles.
"One second." And he plunges his head into his pants pocket... and there's nothing. Doug's smile drops, but he immeditatly recovers it and checks the other pocket. Nothing there either. He desperately pulls the pockets out and looks over them, but there is only lint. He starts tearing through his jacket, but still there is nothing. The cash he won from a scratch off ticket was gone.
A good Christmas for the kids was gone too. Doug turns red, trying to figure out how he'll explain he can't pay. Should he offer to put everything back? All he really wants to do is run.
"I'll pay." A musical voice pipes up. In his perpipheal he sees a few item be put onto the counter. "And ring these up too." Doug glances back to see the beautiful woman from before. Her silver eyes sparkled with kindness as the cashier started adding her stuff to the mix.
Doug knows he should decline, but he can't bring himself to do it. "Thank you." He whispers, tears pricking at the corners of his eyes from his overwhelming relief.
"You're welcome." The woman replies.
"Seven hundred and twenty four dollars and thirty-three cent." The cashier announces.
The woman smiles at Doug, "Excuse me." Doug numbly steps out the way as the woman flashes her card and swipes it with ease. She grabs her bag, holding the few items. She turns back to Doug and grins once more.
"You should be more careful." And she holds out a red envelope covered in gold stars. "That person who bumped into you stole your money." Doug takes the proffered envelope. He opens it and he sees at least twenty $100 bills. His jaw drops.
"I can't accept this." He says, glancing back at the woman. But she was gone. He looks around and he finally spots her standing outside on top of a light pole with two beautiful white wings stretching out behind her.