Ch 2.5 honeymoon sorta

Meanwhile in Germany

Kiritsugu: What do you mean they left!?!?

I yelled at one of the very few Einzbern's homunculus that were here as my hand tightened around his suit's collar.

EH (Einzbern homunculus) : like I said. Lady Illiyasviel, and Sir Jubstacheit have moved away from the castle at least three days ago, In search for the next servant to represent the Einzberns.

Kiritsugu: that old, son of a-fine then, where did he take her then!

EH: why would I tell you? Even if I told you, you couldn't possibly find where they're at regardless. You may have been the magus killer, but even you can't track down two people in the middle of a continent. Especially when they might move somewhere else later on.

Getting more and more pissed off at the homunculus in my grasp. I clenched my teeth, then sent the emotionless puppet to the ground with a sucker punch above his cheek. Not wanting to hurt one of iri's kind any more then I already had, I turned by back to him, and walking down the hall outside the Einzbern castle.

Once I reached the entrance to the castle. I went out the front door to find, Bazett flipping through an old book as her eyes darted through the lines each page like a blur.

Kiritsugu: so, did you find anything on your end, Fraga?

Bazett: just what seems like the golem's old diary.

Kiritsugu: diary? The head of the Einzbern's has a diary? Didn't think Jubstacheit was the type.

Bazett: well it's less a diary, and more a bunch of memo's, techniques on homunculus crafting, day to day plans etc. unlike Irisviel, his flaw seems to be having a terrible memory.....

Kiritsugu:.......

Bazett:.... Sorry for digging up any bad memories, by the way.

Kiritsugu: Don't worry about it. So, what can you learn from it?

Bazett: not much. Even though the golem seems to have roughly lost it a few decades ago. It's constantly being updated with what he wrote in it's replacements with magic. But the same magic is making the words from older entries be jumbled up with others. like making "the bark of a tree and rich soil" turn to "the bark of THE dying wolf, and my master's breathing nails.".... The worst part is I'm not even sure if the translation I thought of is right or not.

Kiritsugu: and what about any late entries? Like ones he wrote less then a week before?

Bazett: thankfully those aren't as jumbled up as the rest yet. There either unchanged for the most part, or just flipped with the word they were next too.

Kiritsugu: does any of it tell us where he went with Illiya?

Bazett: yeah. The last page translates to "tomorrow morning, I'm taking Illiya to the airport. The plane tickets to Greece, Italy, Egypt, Iran, Pakistan, and Spain are in the white bag. Don't forget"

Kiritsugu: Alright, knowing the Einzberns. He's probably trying to get a memento from a hero to summon during the next grail war. But who? There's numerous candidates in either of those places, and he probably won't pull a fast one and go to any of the knight-like heroes, since saber's honor was the thing that put her in situations where she's doomed to lose during the fourth war, so there possibly trying to summon a servant of the berserker class. But at the same time, heroes from other stories could've left a memento in either of those places as well!