Ch 4.2 what I have

(I didn't wanna keep you guys waiting too long so I'm gonna publish what I have at the moment for chapter 5 so you can enjoy the 2600+ word and planning to be more early version of the chapter. Hope you enjoy of what's here.)

A year and a few months after the last chapter. Or if you aren't keeping count. It's been 6 years and 3 months since Shirou's been adopted. So he's 13 but nearly 14 now.

2000/3/18

Kiritsugu: Ugh, why did it have to be daylight so soon...

I said more to myself as I stumbled out of my room and into the living room to find Bazett heating up the food Shirou cooked beforehand in the microwave while taking an occasional sip out of one of the coffee cups beside her.

When I got close enough to the dining table, I sat down on the closest side I could stumble to while trying to keep my body from going to sleep again. After a while of trying to stay awake, my focus was quickly drawn away to a coffee cup that was placed in front of me by the Magenta haired beauty that's been living with me for 5 years now.

Kiritsugu: Thank you.

Bazett: It's nothing. So how many Sumo matches has Raiga kept you up with yesterday?

Kiritsugu: 3? 4? I stopped counting halfway through the 2nd one past 11:30 pm. It didn't help before all those matches we went 'hunting' for a Bear.

Bazett: Heh, sounds like you had a interesting day.

Kiritsugu: If by 'interesting' you mean exhaustingly traumatic. Then yes .... *sigh* Never have I thought I'd experience anything as bad as sitting in the front row seat with Iri or any Einzbern driving. But hunting a Bear that's nearly an adult with nothing but a hunting rifle loaded with Rubber bullets and a few tranquilizers is a good contender.

As I recalled that day I had Iri drive around the castle, I felt a shiver come down my spine remembering all the near crashes, 'shortcuts' and nerve wrecking speeding she was doing that made my life flash before my eyes several times over during it.

.... On second thought never mind. Iri driving is still worse then that bear.

While I was mentally thinking that, I took a small sip from my coffee then proceeded to look at it strangely as Bazett sat down next to me and placed down two plates with an Omelette stuffed with pieces of ham, cheese, green peppers and onions for us both.

Bazett: Before you ask, Shirou said he's gonna be in the matou residence for a few hours.

Kiritsugu: Again?

Bazett: I know it's strange. Ever since we gotten back from Germany, he keeps going there. Wonder what happened between him and the matou's while we were away for a few days?

Kiritsugu: Specking of strange, Did... did you add more sugar to my cup by mistake?

Bazett: Huh? No. The only one I added sugar to was my own. Shirou forgot to add three spoons for mine. Why do you ask?

Kiritsugu: I think that's mine your drinking from...

At my response I noticed Bazett practically froze on the spot for a second or two, not bothering to move an inch whatsoever. When she finally registered what I told her, she wordlessly set down the cup she was in the process of taking another sip from and slide it next to me with the same frozen expression on her face.

Bazett:... Oh....

Kiritsugu: It doesn't matter. Besides, I can't really remove the sugar now so keep it.

As I told her that, I slid what was my cup back over to her and tried to enjoy breakfast for the time being as she eventually joined me soon after.

While we were enjoying my son's cooking, I began to remanence over my life after we got back from Germany. The second I got home, Raiga practically dragged me to a live sumo match he had tickets for which I was forced to accompany him to after the deal we made over his men tracking down the Einzbern's in my stead.