Chapter Four: His Golden-Hues

"Don't let love blind you from the love you needed the most..."

Adrian attended school wearing his glasses. His eyes weren't red anymore, but he knew better not to put back his contacts so soon- they'd just get more irritated than before. He'd rather suffer wearing glasses than get his eyes irritated.

He passed a group of girls, who greeted him.

"Hey Adrian, nice glasses," the auburn haired girl flirted.

"Yeah, are those real?" The raven haired one asked.

"Yes, they're real," he winked back through his glasses. "Do I look good in them?"

They looked like they were about to faint or something.

"Nope, you look hot," the brown haired girl complimented. "You look like one hot, sexy nerd we could steal from the library." She looked back to her friends, who nodded in agreement.

"Really now," he smirked, straightening his blue tie that hung on his white button up uniform. "Better?" Playfully pushing back his glasses, his golden-hues filled with mirth.

They squealed in delight, laughing together with him.

"Okay, I'll see you around, ladies," Adrian smiled, waving good-bye. The girls giddily waved back before walking to class.

Adrian sat on his chair, smiling stupidly, reading a textbook. He was in a good mood today, his mother said she stopped all his punishments yesterday; that's why he asked the chef to bake him some cookies and pastries for today. The cookies and pastries quietly hid in his bag, waiting for him to eat them.

"Hey Adrian," Kyle greeted, giving Adrian a strong push on his back, causing his glasses to fall on the ground.

"What the hell, Kyle?" Adrian raised his voice. Looks like he said so soon. "Where are the fuck my glasses?"

Adrian's eye grade was no joke, they were definitely high. He could barely see anything, everything was like seeing through frosted glass and he was having a hard time making faces.

"Morning, Adrian! Kyle!" Ken greeted, walking near them.

"Ken don't come any closer Adri-," Kyle tried to stop Ken from stepping on Adrian's glasses until a crack could be heard.

"Please don't tell me he stepped on my glasses," Adrian groaned, banging his forehead on his desk.

"Aww, man, these are yours?" Ken asked, looking at the greatly crushed pair of glasses on the floor. "I'm sorry, Adrian, I didn't see them."

"It's not your fault Ken," Adrian said, grimly. "If only someone didn't have to surprisingly try to push me off my chair, dropping my glasses in the process, they wouldn't be crushed by you." Adrian had his attention on Kyle, who was looking sorry.

"What am I supposed to do, I can't even see properly," Adrian said, glaring at his desk, or should he say he say his-blurry-excuse-of-a-figure-of-a-desk?.

"Is it that bad?" Kyle squeaked.

"Yeah, it's that bad," Mike said, arriving smugly, "he can't even properly distinguish shapes. All he sees is the blurry world of frosted glass, like Luthiel would say."

"Sorry, man," Ken apologized, "I thought I'd give you a different surprise."

"Thanks, that was one of the best surprise ever," Adrian said, sarcastically.

"Hey Adrian!" Luthiel greeted, before giving Adrian a second look, "Is it just me, or you look different today?"

Before anyone could say something, Luthiel gasped, literally.