Chapter Two: Be Nice

"Life isn't that sweet. That's why everyone likes sweets..."

Its been a week since the first day if classes and Adrian's week of suspension. Nonetheless, Adrian learned the grounds of his punishment after the meeting with Mr. Denver.

Punishment # 1: No gadgets or devices allowed.

Punishment # 2: No permission to leave the house, except school.

Punishment #3: No sweets.

Punishment #4: No petting or playing with the corgis: Cashew and Pistachio.

Punishment # 5: No commuting.

Adrian, being one of the unique teenagers, was not okay with punishments 3 & 4. He could not live without sugar; it was like part of his life. He could at least reach his lowest sugar rate intake which was 80%, and his highest was 100% which he did at least once a week. Then, his Mother Lottie would suddenly cut off two dear things in his life: Sweets and dogs.

The dogs were another issue, he usually wastes his time with the dogs whenever he was at home. He'd either plays with them or walk with them.

This punishment had to end; fast. He was definitely not going to survive such torture. He had to think of something to end it.

His mother flagged him punishment 5 since he wasn't supposed to commute at all; especially taking a taxi home, a very dangerous act to his Mother's rules. They had drivers at home, so he should always call to get fetched. Now, he gave the drivers the exact time to fetch him, since he wasn't bringing his phone with him; which isn't exactly allowed in school. He never stopped bringing it, until he was grounded. It's not like his phone ever got confiscated, he was good at hiding it.

And so, Adrian entered the school gates with a dark, cold vibe. He repeated the time to the driver in case he might forget, who nervously nodded with a gulp. He walked languidly through the school's halls.

Unknowingly, his vibe affected the whole place. Most of the people in school knew him, and definitely avoided him when he was having a bad day. If don't, then you're up for some serious business when you bump into him.

Adrian entered Classroom 7-A, a few minutes late before the start of class-which was 7:30 am; due to his lack of energy. He closed the door shut behind him, to see Mr. Grayson ready to discuss a new lesson.

"You're late, Mr. Grant," Mr. Grayson remarked.

Instead of hearing a snarky comment early in the morning, Mr. Grayson and the class heard something different from boy.

"Yeah," in a low, whispered tone as he slumped on his seat. It was definitely agonizing. It's been a week and he still has yet to taste anything sugary in his mouth. He feels like he's about to die or something. He doesn't even have any form of sugar to go through the day. It was the worst of all his punishments so far.

"Mr. Grant, are you ill?" Mr. Grayson asked his late student. The boy's usually pale skin seemed paler than before. It was worrying Mr. Grayson deep down inside.

"No, I'm fine sir." His student replied with the same tone, resisting a hot feeling creeping onto him.

Without further questions, Mr. Grayson started his lesson.

Adrian was in LaLa Land. The Land was filled with sugary sweets everywhere. He kept biting and eating, remembering the sweet-goodness. He was about to go for another bite when the place started to shake, followed with an 'Adrian!'

In class, Adrian was being shaken awake by Ken. Adrian's was too good, he didn't want to leave at all.
Reflexively, Adrian swatted his hand away and said, "Go away, Chelly. I told you I'm not interested in your friend."
A bunch of snickers could be heard in class. Remembering where he truly was, he jumped awake.