Chapter Three: Welcome Back!

"If you want something, reach out and take it..."

The next day, Adrian went to school; feeling better than last night, thanks to the medicine of course. He was back to his usual self, upon entering the school gates, though it was more controlled due to his still in his weak state. No matter how much he didn't want to admit.

He was greeted by students he's known and unknown of, asking if he was okay, and welcoming him back warmly. Despite his never ending pranks and bullying, he was respected by many; both the lower and upperclassmen.

Though Adrian really is a good guy deep down inside, he's just playful enough to set up pranks, and helpful enough to bully some other bastards in school-though some good people just simply cross the line to initiate fights with him. It's just nobody knew, or maybe they did but never said anything but silently respect the blonde.

Adrian entered the class to have a confetti popped in front of his face. His eyes widened by surprise, followed by a flash and a 'Welcome back!' greeting from his classmates. His friends led him to his table filled with a variety of fruits, cookies, brownies, sweets, and get well cards inside a big brown basket placed neatly.

Adrian was about to throw a question, but held back himself after seeing their happy expressions.

"Thanks guys," Adrian said, flashing a charming smile. He sat on his chair and opened his drawer to find it full with letters. Crap, he was definitely going to bring a lot of things home today.

"Geez, guys," Adrian laughed lightly, "You act like you've never seen me for years."

"Well, we missed you for a week and half of a day, buddy," Mike said, slinging his arm around Adrian's neck affectionately.

They were enjoying Adrian's presence when Mr. Grayson entered the room with a bright smile.

"Good morning class!" Mr. Grayson greeted, and was in return greeted by the class. "Today, we have a transfer student. Please come in and introduce yourself."

The words 'transfer' and 'student' perked the interest of the class. There entered a girl with long inky black hair, pale blue eyes, and porcelain skin.

"Hello everyone! My name's Clarisse Maxwell. I hope we have a good year together!"

Adrian felt his heart stop and blood run cold when he saw who entered his classroom. A set of pale blues met wide golden hues.

"No way, no way, no way," Adrian thought, as chanted quietly to himself, wanting to believe it was just a dream.

A horrible dream. A nightmare, to be exact.

"Adrian, is that you?" Clarisse asked, testing the waters; unsure if the person in front of her was real.

"Yeah," the other replied, with fake enthusiasm, "it's nice to have you back Clarisse." Some whispers could be heard in class.

Adrian's enthusiastic voice masked the hurt behind it. The pain Clarisse knew of.

"Okay, Ms. Maxwell, you may continue your talk later," Mr. Grayson smiled, "please, take a seat over there."

The teacher gestured two seats away from Adrian's right. She passed his seat, who kept a smile still placed on his lips, but his eyes said otherwise.

"Okay, I hope you be well acquainted with each other," Mr. Grayson smiled, "Now, let's start with a new lesson."

As soon as the bell rang, Adrian was out and about. He grabbed his school bag and the basket quickly, as he allowed himself to get swallowed by the crowd of students.