Chapter One:The Incident

"Negative attention is better than no attention at all."

It was another busy Monday for everyone, particularly schools. Since it was another new year and a another new day. In short, the first day of classes was about to begin until-

The loud pounding of the fire alarm resounded through the whole school, causing a great disruption-as both the students and the teachers run to make their way out to safety. The principal, Mr. Denver, was left panic-stricken. He had no clue what caused the sudden fire.

With his scrambled thoughts, he failed to notice someone calling his attention. He blinked once more to find Mr. Grayson, the adviser of Class 7-A, with a worried expression painted on his face.

"What's the matter, Mr. Grayson?" Mr. Denver cleared his throat before asking his faculty formally.

"Five of my students are missing, Sir.. Mr. Grayson reported, "All boys."

"And who would those boys be?"

"Kyle Summers, Mike Kingsley, Ken Walters, Luthiel Trent, and Adrian Grant," said Mr. Grayson.

Without thought, Mr. Denver whirled back to find the school emitting no smoke at all.

"The infamous five," he unconsciously gritted his teeth, and balled his fists on his side, "I should've known."

Mr. Grayson knew what he meant. The sudden fire was nothing but a prank pulled off by the infamous five.

Most of the students have gone home, a few were left, and the rest of the faculty. Though something was missing to Mr. Denver, he didn't know what.

"Mr. Grayson, cancel the help we sent," Mr. Denver said, dangerously, "tell them it's a false alarm."

"Yes, sir."

With that, Mr. Denver marched in the sprinkler-soaked school. Looking around for any source of fire, he surely didn't find any. He was about to move to the next floor when he heard a series of laughter coming from the new library.

In a second, he was peeking through the small opening of the huge double doors of the new library. There, he saw the five missing boys, laughing their hearts out, soaking wet.

"Man, Adrian," Kyle laughed loudly, running his mocha-colored hand down his wet mousse-brown hair. His forest greens could not be seen with his eyes closed as he laughed. "That was like the best prank you could ever think of!"

Kyle laughed in enjoyment, leaning on the library wall for support.

"I guess that being a genius has its perks, huh?" Mike agreed, laughing as well; giving Adrian a look with his baby blues. His dark wet locks swayed from left to right, crossing his pale arms on his stomach; since it was starting to hurt from too much laughter.

"Oh, you should have seen Mr. Denver's reaction," Ken said excitedly, followed by a snicker, as he sat on the library's biggest table next to Luthiel. He strummed his sun-kissed tan fingers repeatedly with a fast beat. His chocolate brown eyes wandered around the room.

"Hell yeah," Luthiel agreed, ruffling Ken's dark brown hair. His messy black hair wet from water and his black eyes closed as he happily continued to mess up Ken's hair with his mocha-colored hand.

"Not the hair, man!"

"It was like his favorite goldfish died," Luthiel joked, paying no heed to Ken's remark.

Another set of laughter could be heard.

"More like learning that his daughter lost her virginity last sixth grade," Adrian corrected, laughing, as he leaned back on the librarian's plush office chair. His blonde hair sticking on his forehead, golden-hues watering from too much laughter; wiping them with his milky-pale hand.