5. The New Additions

"IT'S A BOY!" Dad yells, running in an hour and a half later, and we all cheer. "Now, let's load the sleigh!"

We spend the next 30 minutes loading the sleigh and getting all the last minute stuff done. "Hey, Dad, can you take me back to Danielle's?" Charlie asks.

"Sure, just get in the sleigh," he nods. I go to give Charlie a hug before I stop, feeling water run down my leg.

"Uh, Charlie, you might not want to leave," I tell him.

"Why not?" He asks. "Are you gonna miss me too much?" He teases with a laugh. 

"Well, you said you wanted to be the first to hold the baby and I think they don't want you to leave either," I laugh. He tilts his head confused. "The baby's coming."

"Oh my gods!"

"You, go find Will and tell him to get set up and I'll go get my husband," I tell him. Charlie nods and runs off to find our brother-in-law. I can't find Bernard, but I do find Curtis who came to wave off Dad. "Curtis, thank gods I found you. I can't find Nico or Bernard." I grab the wall to stop myself from falling over from the pain.

"Woah, is something wrong?" He asks.

I laugh, "Baby's coming."

"Um, I'll get Bernard," he runs down the hall and comes to the group of elves and demi-gods. "BERNARD!"

"Is something wrong? Curtis? Did we forget presents or something?" Bernard asks, coming over to the other head elf.

He shakes his head, "Natalia... baby..." he says out of breath from running.

"Is Nat having the baby?" Nico asks and Curtis nods quickly.

Bernard and Nico take off down the hall where Curtis came from and find her leaning against a wall.

"NAT!" I turn around hearing.

"Snowflake, are you okay?" B asks me.

"Oh, yeah. I'm perfectly fine, except for the fact I have a watermelon trying to fight it's way through my organs," I say sarcastically, pushing myself off the wall. Bernard wraps his arm around my back and leads me to our house where we decided I'll give birth since the delivery room was a mess.

We walk into our bedroom with Nico behind us and Will just finished setting everything up with Charlie. "Okay, let's see how far along you are," Will smiles. I lay down on the bed as he checks me. "Okay, it seems you have been progressing all day and are now at a 9."

"Woah! All day?" Bernard asks me. "Have you been having contractions and didn't tell me?"

"Ahh," I yell out in pain. "To be fair, I didn't want to distract you. Everyone was so concerned about getting stuff ready for Christmas, I didn't want to take any focus off of that and Carol was about to deliver too, so I just kind of said that I could wait." I feel another contraction and cry out in pain.

Will sets out blankets and stuff for when the baby arrives and gets the bassinet out so that he can weigh them correctly and pldsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssace them as he deals with me. A couple medical elves come in wearing gloves and masks ready to help. "Okay, on the next contraction you're going to push," Will tells me.

Charlie's eyes widen and he moves to the opposite side of the room to just wait. Bernard and Nico move to either side of me and I feel the next contraction and start to push. I hear Will count to ten and then tell me I can stop. "I need you to push again," he tells me after about 20 seconds and I start pushing again. "I can see them crowning. One more push and their head should be out."