Epilogue

//-(Hours earlier, before the events of 'Set it Off')-\\

"Fairy Godmother?" Mal called, opening the door to the magic wing. "Is she okay?" The rest of the group piled in, Ben included, because he too expressed concern for you after what had happened moments ago.

There you were, lying unconscious on the bed in the healing wing with sweat dripping down your forehead, face etched into an uncomfortable expression.

"What happened to her?" Evie asks, taking hold of one of your hands.

"Fear not, she's alright for now," Fairy Godmother assured. "There was no way for us to get her to explain to us the root of the problem, she was just...unstable."

"She said something about the Isle," Ben pipes up. "What did she mean?"

"She wanted to go back," Jay answers for him. "Why, we don't know. We all thought she would be happy staying here."

"Do either of you know anything?" Mal asks, turning to Evie and Carlos. "Anything, whatever she's told you or whatever ideas you may have, some sort of clue?"

"Nothing," Evie murmurs in response, the rest of them awaiting Carlos' reply, who looked to be thinking of something but pushing it aside.

"Sorry Mal," he says after a second or two. "If there was a reason, she wouldn't have told us."

"Well, what are we supposed to do about it for now? We can't just let her go back there," Mal sighs exasperatedly.

"I don't know.."

=

You jolt up in a panic, clutching your chest and holding still for a moment to steady your labored breathing, taking in your surroundings.

It looked a lot like the Isle, but it wasn't exactly the Isle, either. You were confused as to why and how you ended up here, and most importantly, if you were dead.

You didn't dare say a thing, you'd watched a horror movie during your time in Auradon and speaking up usually led to death or severe bodily damage, so you played the waiting game, if there was someone or something that brought you here, they'd be revealed soon.

"You," a female voice suddenly comes out of the blue, startling you a bit. "Sparrow."

"Who are you?" You asked cautiously, taking in her appearance once she stepped into the light.

"You'll find out eventually," is the only reply you're met with.

"You're using magic," you point out, eyeing the glowing blue piece of rock decorating her neck. "This looks like the Isle. You're not really here and neither am I. How?"

"Wow, you're really observant," the stranger says, sighing through her nose. "Guess the whole 'this is your subconscious in a different form' excuse is out of the question."

You don't laugh, nor react, just stand there, awaiting an answer.

"Look, if you wanna know how I'm using magic on the Isle, there's still a hole in the barrier, so I made an illusion to get to you, but that hole could be repaired at any moment, so I really don't have time for anymore questions."

"Okay. Then talk."

"It's simple. I'm helping bring you back to the Isle."

Your eyes widen in surprise. "Are you serious? How?"

=

"There's one solution we could try," Fairy Godmother offers, the other's attention suddenly directed toward her. "If the Isle is the issue, the magic of the wand could take most of those memories--all of which are the important ones--and bury them someone inside her head where she can't break the spell."