06

nami was peacefully studying on her desk, reviewing the math equation she learned earlier that day. other than the light music she was playing and the sound of book pages being handled, the room was engulfed in a comfortable silence.

it's a bit of an exaggeration to say that the girl jumped in her seat, but nonetheless, she was surprised to hear her alexa talk about a notification she just received. 

"you have one new notification from your father," nami groaned after hearing the sender of the text, "meet me in my study immediately, we have important matters to discuss."

after sulking a bit, nami stood up and headed to her father's office.  she knocked three times on the door to signify her presence, then she went in.

nami wasn't even inside the room for more than a minute yet she was already being interrogated.

"what is your relationship with that jungwon boy?"

"what?" nami asked, confused.

her father deeply sighed. his back was facing the girl, refusing to face her.

"this will be the last time i'll repeat myself jung nami. what is your relationship with that peasant?"

nami bit her lip, restraining herself from talking back at her father after he called jungwon that word. her knuckles were turning white from balling her fists too hard.

"there is nothing between us." she lied to her father, nothing new for her.

"really? then why did i see him run out of your room yesterday seemingly flustered?" he challenged.

"he's a shy boy who's easily flustered. anyone can see that from a mile away." nami quickly rebutted.

"so, nothing?" her father asked one last time.

"nothing. jungwon is just a servant." the girl vaguely spoke, forcing the words out of her mouth. she hoped it was enough to fool her father and shut him up.

"good. you know what we live by. you never see-"

"a bluejay fucking a humming bird. we never mingle with those different from us. i know father." nami finished his sentence, just wanting this conversation to end.

"very well. you may now proceed with your schedule." her father dismissed her.

at his statement, the girl swiftly exited the room and ran to her room. entering her bedroom, she flopped on her bed, feeling drained from the interaction with her father.

this night can't get worse..

right?

――― ๑ ――― ๑―――