09

nami frantically woke up, her body covered in a cold sweat. her hands were trembling and her head was pounding from the dream she just had.

(nightmare sounds more fitting tho-)

immediately, she got on her feet and ran out of her room, not bothered to change out of her nightgown. her feet echoed from the ground as she hurried along the empty hallway. the girl rushed past a grandfather clock as it read the time— 8:43 a.m.

'don't be ridiculous nami, it's just a dream, jungwon should be fine.'

'but what if he's not? what if something happened to him while we were sleeping?'

nami picked up her speed, two kinds of thoughts clouding her mind. she slowed down her footing as she got nearer to jungwon's bedroom door. she took an anxious breath in and lifted her hand to knock.

however, before she could do so, the door opened swiftly, revealing jungwon. his hair was disheveled and his eyes were red from crying. he looked as distressed as nami.

laying his eyes on the girl, jungwon immediately pulled her inside his room. he had his arms wrapped around her securely, her face colliding with his chest.

"i-i'm so glad you're safe.." the boy whimpered as tears started forming in his eyes. he tightened his grip around nami, afraid to let her go.

"you're not hurt anywhere, right?" jungwon heard the girl mumble in his chest, he could only shake his head 'no' to answer.

nami pulled out her head to look at him, only to see tears were already slipping away from his eyes. she caressed his cheeks while her thumb wiped away his tears. the boy just leaned closer into her touch, allowing himself to breakdown in front of his lifeline.

soon after, nami guided jungwon to his bed. they sat down and talked about the 'dreams' they had.

they don't know how or when but at the end of it all, they were cuddling, eyes red from reminiscing the bad memories.

the two remained quiet, now satisfied with each other's presence. jungwon eyed the girl in front of him as she busied herself in playing with the sleeves of his sweater.

"hey.. this thought has been bugging me.." he started, gaining the girl's attention "but what if the dreams we had are memories from a past life? like, it's telling us that we're not-"

"don't you dare continue that sentence." nami interrupted in a dangerously low voice "no matter what happens, it's you and me, okay? an- and if we're not for each other in this life, then we will be in the next. we've been together for 3 lives, hypothetically, so what's saying that that will stop?"

jungwon snuggled closer to the girl. nami turned around so that she can get a better view of his face. they stared in each other's eyes in silence until someone spoke.

"i'm scared to lose you.." jungwon whispered, tucking a stubborn stray hair strand behind the girl's ear.

"you'll never lose me. i'll always be here for you." nami responded, leaning closer to jungwon's palm.

the two stared at each other again before slowly closing in on each other. bit by bit, their lips inched closer. as they were about to close the gap..

"JUNG NAMI!"

――― ๑ ――― ๑―――