Chapter 1

"I, (y/n) (l/n), would be looking forward to work with all of you."

"Now let's get back to work everyone. We have to check the details of these ten victims from london central jail today." said L after you introduced yourself to your co-workers.

"Come, I'll show you what you have to do." Light said to you. He started showing you something on his computer. Meanwhile Matsuda was looking at you.

"She is the first girl in our team." he said. Aizawa looked at him muttering something to himself.

Nearly three hours and forty one minutes later, at 9.58 pm, everyone completed their work and L allowed them to go home now as it was getting late. Chief Yagami offered you come with them as they were also going home and their house is a little close to your apartment. You thought that it was getting dark and it was not much safe to go alone so you agreed and went inside the taxi with them.

"Thank you so much Chief Yagami and Mr.Yagami." you said just before Light started laughing.

"What did you just call me (y/n)? Mr.yagami?" he said.

"Did I do something wrong?" you asked politely.

"Don't be so formal with us. We would be working together fro-" he stopped as he heard this phone ringing. He ignored the call and kept his phone on silent."Sorry for tha-." His phone rang again. He looked at his phone, rolled his eyes, gestured you to wait apologetically and picked up the call.

"Hey Light.. How are you?" The flirty voice coming from the phone said.

"Hi Misa, I'll call you in sometime, I'm a little busy with work right now"

"Busy?" said Misa.

"Yes, I have to drop a co-worker to her home." He said as he started to get a little annoyed.

"Her?" She sounded jealous. Don't forget to call me back."

"Yeah, sure. Bye"

Light disconnected the call.

"Haha, is she your girlfriend? I loved the way she emphasized on the word 'her'." you said in a joking way.

"Please don't mind her. She can be very childish at times." Light said.

"I won't mind." You said. Chief Yagami started talking to Light about his studies and this topic was quickly brushed off.

-

"Have a good day Chief Yagami and Light. Thank you one again." you said as you got out of the taxi and started climbing the stairs of your apartment. Light smiled at you as you entered the building.

You reached the 3rd floor of the 5 floor building and opened the door with the help of the keys you got 6 years ago when you moved to the Tokyo central apartments.You still remember your first day here, but the memory of why you shifted here haunts you till date.

Your POV

Today would be the start of my new life. I would face many difficulties but I have to be strong.

"Here are the keys to the room and the forms that you have to sign. Fill these and give them back to me afterwards" said Mr. Hanagaki.

"Thank you sir, I will return them to you after sometime." I replied and started filling up the form.

"How old are you?" Mr. Hanagaki asked me while I was busy writing my phone number on the form. I shifted my gaze from the paper to him.

"I'm 16, why?" I said in my normal voice.

"I was just wondering that aren't you too young to own an apartment your self." He said.

"It's not like I want to live like this. The circumstances have forced me." I replied.

"Can't you live with your parents?" Mr. Hanagaki asked curiosly.

"I lost them in an accident" I answered depressively

"Oh, I'm sorry to ask you this." Mr. Hanagaki said in a worried tone. He looked at me as if he regretted starting to conversation.

"It's alright."

I completely filled the form and handed it to Mr. Hanagaki. Then I went into the room for the first time with my younger brother by my side.

"This actually looks pretty nice" said my brother.

"I never thought we would be moving to an apartment. Just you and me, without mom and dad." I said "Luckly our parents deposited some money to the bank for our security, if they didn't do it, we would be living on the street right now."

My brother just listened as he didn't know what to say.

End of Your POV

You entered your apartment and prepared tea for yourself. Meanwhile you sat on the window sill and scrolled through some anime memes. After a tiring day, all you want to do is laugh.

After a few minutes, you received a call from your brother so you picked it up.

"Hi (y/n)."

"Hi bro, how are you?"

"I'm good. How was your first day in the new investigation?"

"It was amazing. I did some work and met my co-workers. They are all very nice with me"

"Then you must have enjoyed. I wish I was there with you to enjoy this memory too."

"You have to prioritize your studies first. The rest can wait."

"I want to see you as soon as possible."

"Me too. Hope we will meet soon."

You disconnected the call and grabbed your tea. You weren't tired after that but you still drifted off to sleep as you knew that this kira investigation would be long and tiring.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Author's note:
Hello everyone, hope you are enjoying this story so far. It is my first one so don't expect it to be too amazing.