Chapter 2

For you,a fresh new day starts with a cup of coffee. So you woke up at 8 o' clock, changed into formals from your nightsuit, got ready, made coffee for yourself, drank it, pack up your important documents and other stuff and went to the investigation center.

"Good morning Miss (Y/n)" said Matsuda.

"Good morning Matsuda" you said while turning on your laptop. You started doing your work and waited for everyone to arrive.

-

After some time, L announced that everyone have to stay at the investigation center for the night as there is some extra work to do. No one seemed to have any issue with it.

8 o' clock at night

Everyone was sitting in the main investigation room minding there own business. L was checking the details of the victims who died this week and Matsuda was eating Ramen as his dinner. Chief Yagami had some trouble with his new computer, so Light was helping him. Aizawa was calling his wife and daughter.

You already did all the work you had,and needed more files to do more work. It was planned that some more files would be given to you in a few minutes but you have been waiting for two hours. So you finally decided to message the person who was in charge of handing you the files.

'Good evening Mr.Kirishima."

'Good evening ma'am'

'When will I receive the files that I asked for?'

'Because of some reasons, we weren't able to give them to you on time. But you would receive them shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience ma'am.'

'No problem sir, Thank you.'

You sighed.You were bored and didn't had any work. You thought that you should not disturb the other and have a coffee instead as L already told everyone that they will be sleeping late today.

"Does anyone want to have some coffee?" you asked.

"A latte with extra sugar" replied L.

After a pleasant walk of nearly eight minutes, you arrived at the coffee shop.

"Good evening ma'am. Which coffee would you like to have?"

"One cappuccino and one latte with extra sugar"

"Sure ma'am"

After taking your orders you headed back to the investigation center.

"I'm back guys" you said as you entered the room.

"Did you bring me my coffee?" asked L.

"Yeah,there you go." you said as you handed him his jar of coffee.

"Thank you (Y/n)."

You smiled.

After some time-

The files that you needed were given to you and you started working on them. This task was really confusing but you managed to do it with the help of Chief Yagami, Light and Aizawa.

"File number 16" you said as you open a file and read it.

"There are 284 files in total?" asked Light.

"Yes.These are so many." you said in a sad and tired tone.

"Let me help you, I'm almost done with my own work" offered Light.

"I'll be alright.Thank you." you said.

"Sure then" said Light.

-

At 2.00 am-
"Ryuzaki, I have re-checked the list of the victims. Can I go to sleep now, please" Matsuda asked L.

"Sure, even the others can go to sleep now. I would work over-night." replied L.

"Ryuzaki, I would also work with you 'till I'm done with these...97 files" you said after you calculated the number of files on your lap.

"OK bye (Y/n) and Ryuzaki. You should also try sleeping some day." Matsuda said as he pointed to L.

"Maybe I will, maybe not. Who knows." said L.

Everyone went to the other room to sleep and L looked at you.

"Only me and you here now. I would like to take this opportunity to ask you something that I wanted to-for a long time now." said L with a serious look upon his face.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Author's note:
The upcoming chapters would be very
interesting so don't forget to comment what you think L will ask you. Bye.