Chapter 3

"Yes Ryuzaki,ask me" you said, trying to sound confident though you are actually scared of what will happen next

"OK then, tell me, do you believe in the theory that Light is indeed Kira?" asked L (pfft,haha.What did you thought L would ask? I love to ruin the fun :D)

"I will give you an honest answer" you said before L nodded "At first when you suggested that theory, I thought you can be right. Infact everyone in this investigation except Chief Yagami believed you. You know why? because you are 'The L, The greatest detective in the world.' Everything you say would be defined as truth, regardless of what it is."

"But do you believe in it?" L asked you.

"...no, Light seems like a good person. He can't go around killing hundreds of thousands of people everyday and live peacefully and happily knowing that he is a murderer. I believe in him." you said as you tried not to show the miserability that you feel from the death of the Kira victims.

"So you don't believe in 'The L,The greatest detective in the world.'?" he said in a joking manner.

"As an investigator, you have all my respect as you have solved a lot of important cases. But in my opinion, I believe that this time you might be wrong."

"I see, Thank you for your time." L said. You went back to your seat and started working again.

-

At nearly 4.00 am-
"284, and done. Finally I have completed these files Ryuzaki. Yay." you said happily.

"Good. I will submit these files to the higher authorities tomorrow." L replied

"Thank you" you said as you went to the sofa and drifted off to sleep.

-

At 6.30 am-
L was peacefully doing his work as you were sleeping but he suddenly got alarmed by the sound of you panting and shouting in your sleep. L looked at you while your face went pale with fear.

"R-ryuzaki,bAm I still alive?" you said after you woke up from the nightmare.

"Of course you are,that's how you are talking to me right now."

"But K-kira...me..my bro-..I died.." you said in a scared voice. L noticed the fear on your face and held your hand.

"Don't worry. It was just a dream."

"Y-yes, s-sure."

L handed you a glass of water but your hands were still trembling with fear so he put the glass on the table.

"Give me my purse" you said as you pointed to the grey purse. L gave it to you. You took a pill from the front zip and swallowed it. L grabbed the packet of the pills and examined it.

"10 tablets, 150 gram.Xanax. Why are you taking a Xanax. It's quite strong and can also cause many health problems."

"It has been four years since I started eating these whenever I get anxiety attacks, so its fine."

"Four years (Y/n)? Have you even tried to search up for the side effects of this?" L asked in a loud but concerned voice." why don't people prioritize their health over work? And what made you have so much stress as a 16 year old?"

"My parent's death." you answered calmly

A long silence occurred between the conversation. L finally broke it by saying this.

"Look (Y/n), these pills...there are gonna effect your health badly in the long term so just stop taking these,please. I will find a cure for your stress, I promise you."

"If you say so" you replied

At 8.00 am-
"Good morning everyone" said Light in a sleepy tone.

"Good morning Light" replied Aizawa. Then he started shaking Matsuda to wake him up." Matsuda wake up,Ryuzaki and (Y/n) were working all night and you can't even wake up.

"No, no. Actually I slept for 2 or 3 hours in between." you said.

"It's still the same." said Chief Yagami.

"I hope you did well last night." Light said to you.

"Yeah, it was fine." you replied as you hoped that L doesn't tell anyone about the attack.

"How are you saying that it was fine when you literally got an anxiety attack ?" You melted right then and there as you didn't want anyone to now about it. Everyone glared at you and told you to take care of yourself.

You still didn't feel any better about it.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●