Part 4 - The Beanie Hat of Loyalty.

The Next Morning, and a sudden fog had descended onto the base. It looked so surreal as everyone woke up, as if the spirit world has suddenly spilt over into Polus. As everyone emerged slowly into the open, fozen air, they felt the same strange feeling... of voices and memories form a thousand players who'd come here before.

Angel, still wearing Player's Beanie underneath her own golden halo, also was wandering around. Hugging herself in a flurry of emotion, the yellow crewmate then looked around the foggy landscape and shivered. Never before has Polus looked so different.

She then felt something tug in her heart: She needed to see if Player was Okay or not. She then rushed over to the Medbay, all around her were the spirits of players from years past, many of them were unknown people from the very debut of Polus as a Map in Among Us, and some were scenes that had happened recently. Angel walked into the Medbay, and then immediately rushed to the bed where Palyer was.

She then gently tried to wake him up, but the Red Bean didn't respond. Angel then called for Engineer and Gnome, and they rushed in as soon as they could. The cyan Pointdexter then looked over Player as fast as he could. The heart monitor was showing a faint heartbeat that was grinding down. Soon enough, it flatlined, and it was over.

Later that day, they buried Player's body in an isolated part of the map, in a clearing that was just outside the outpost. The group was silent as Ninja and Sherrif gently lowered their friend's body into the makeshift grave. He was wrapped in a ragged blanket, and after they had buried him, there was a minute of silence. Captain, Angel and Dum were the hardest hit, and while they took the day off, some of the others kept them company.

"I... I am sorry for your loss, Angel-Chan." Ninja said calmly, sitting beside the yellow bean with his Katana resting on his lap. Angel, who had been nursing both her broken heart and a cup of hot cocoa, then looked at Ninja and gave a nod.

"Thank you, Ninja..." She trailed off as it dawned on her. Never before in her entire time of knowing the Japanese Bean, had she ever heard him speak English. "...Uhh... Since when could you speak English, Ninja?"

"I Speak Engrish as a Second Language. I learnt it when moving to America: Still don't like it." Ninja said as he then reached for his cup of tea, which was on the ground beside him. He took a Sip and then looked striaght at Angel. "...You can talk. Since when did you wear dat hat, Angel-Chan?"

"I, Uhh... Well, I'm keeping it safe for Player. It fell on the floor, so I... Yeah..." Angel Sighed, reaching up and straightening it. She looked over nad saw Captain bawling into the invisible arms of Dum, who was trying her best not to join him in crying for their fallen...

Friend wasn't the word anymore. He was more than that. He Was a Brother, a BFF, A Boyfriend... and even though he left them behind on several occasions, they were only mad because, deep down, they cared for him. Angel looked around the room before she started to think about what Player might be thinking about right now, that's if he was a Ghost Crewmate, and not just booted out of the game.

She then felt something, a warm fuzzy feeling, as she sat there. Angel couldn't see anything, but she felt someone close to her. She closed her visor and embraced the feeling, it was, for lack of a better explanation, a Ghost hug. "Player...? I Miss you."

"I miss you too, Angel." A whispering echo then blew past her. It sounded, for sure, like Player's voice. She tried to make her reaction as incognito as possible, just in case someone -most likely Ninja- was watching. "It's Okay... I'm still here."

"...I... Are you okay...?" angel quietly whispered. "...What happened to you?" She started to feel tears welling up as she felt the prescence of Player's ghost next to her. Player gave a whispering sigh and then explained the situation.