Part 5 - Realizations...

One morning on the Polus map, The lime bean called Gnome got up after a restless night, and she staggered over to the bathroom mirror. She wasn't really paying attention to anything, until she looked in the mirror... and noticed the girl staring back at her.

She had lost count on how many days she spent here, and even lost track of her own image, seeing that she now had a short, curt and very scruffy hairstyle, with a lock of fringe that hung away to the side. "God, I look like a freaking boy!" She said in total disgust and denial. If she knew she'd be staying for this long, she would have brought her toiletries, but that was in the past... and she was sure that this day was not going to get any better.

"Babe? Are you okay?" A familiar nasally voice chirped up from the other room, which was of course the MedBay. Gnome then looked around and then nearly slammed her head into the sink. "Hey, Babe! Uh... I gotta' go and use the lavatory for a second."

"Okay then, Engie! I... I was just giving my face a wash in the sink." Gnome replied, and she then fiddled with the plug and turned the tap on. A blush erupted on her face as she tried to not look too embarrassed. She splashed some warm water on her face and through her frizzled fringe, trying to comb it back a bit with her hand. She didn't even notice Engineer had walked past her and into one of the cubicles. Gnome was not really used to fussing over her image that much, but it felt somewhat soothing to have at least a little wash now and again.

She then looked at herself in the mirror again. Her short hair was now wet through and was no longer that frizzled, but it was still there, and she'd have to deal with it. But that was future Gnome's problem, she told herself. What was more pressing was... what the heck did her BF look like, if this is what she looked like?!

"Uhh, Engie?" She then asked aloud as she pulled the plug on the sink. Engineer then asked her what was wrong, and she then said, stuttering "...How long have we been here, on Polus?"

"..A-about three months, babe. What's wrong?"

"I.... Uh... I looked at myself in the mirror. Like, really... I look like a freaking boy, Engie!" Gnome explained, blushing so hard as she couldn't even take the situation seriously anymore. "I... I have no words left about the situation we're in. And worse, I don't think I could even look at anyone anymore! Like, if I've now got locks like a lad... then GOD knows what the hell anyone else looks like by now!"

Engineer, who had finished his buisiness, then opened the stall door and peered out. He caught sight of his girlfriend and her hairstyle, and straight up started to laugh. Gnome was just about to ask him why he was laughing when she caught sight of him. The cyan pointdexter had a mad scientist look to him, given his wild hairdo. Gnome then started laughing herself, and both beans  ended up just straight up poking fun at each other, as if nothing was wrong.

"Okay then.... What is going on in here?!" Someone said as they turned the corner en route to the lavatories, and saw Gnome and her boyfriend pointing and laughing at each other. The two stopped and then looked to see a very bedraggled Mr Egg standing there, completely confused as to what he was looking at. Likewise, the two crewmates couldn't help but stare at the scene in front of themas well.

"...Well, I don't think its really sunk in yet, We've been here for three months now, a-and... I look like a hot mess and Engie looks like a mad scientist." Gnome then said, trying not to laugh at Mr Egg, who now definitely looked ridiculously unkempt, with a shaggy lock of fringe that sprouted just in front of his Fried Egg hat. "And y-yeah... I don't know how all that time... we didn't notice it."

"Yeah... I guess so..." Mr egg then said, in agreement. "And Indeed, Gnome... Engineer DOES Look like some kind of mad scientist. Daresay... It suits him."

"Uhh... you are joking, right?!" Engineer then said as he glanced at himself in the mirror and then realised: Yes. He did look like some kind of Nutty Professor. He looked back with a blush underneath his visor. "I... I guess we have... kinda gotten used to it so much we... uh... didn't take the fact that it's been nearer 100 or so days since we got stuck here."

Mr egg then gave a sigh and then went about doing whatever he was going to do. The others were already up and going about their New Normal routines, but some of them had alreadynoticed the months haven't been so kindly on them. Angel and Wizard had to refrain themselves from ewven making a sound upon seeing Ninja, who had now sported a short but distinct purple ponytail just under his bandanna, only propped and bunched up by a peice of spare cable.

"What-are you looking at?" Ninja then asked when he caught the two beans staring at him. The Two then flat out tried to deny the accusation with a flurry of hand gestures and sheepish words. Ninja then rolled his visor and shook his head before waliking off. The two calmed for a second and turned to each other.

"Uhh... How long have we been here?" Wizard asked, pawing a black lock of hair out of his face. Both Crewmates then looked aorund and realised that they had lost count. The two then looked ateach other, and then looked away. Wizard knew that Angel loved Player, but he felt a kinship between the yellow and Red beans... He just didn't know if he should ask or not.

"Well... I guess we should go and get breakfast, or..."

DEAD BODY REPORTED!

"What The?!" Wizard yelped in shock. He then looked aorund to see that they were now in the main Office once again. Thet wo then looked around and saw that, besides them, there was one less person there... and it was really jarring to see that person not present.

Especially when she was the person who was the closest to their lost Host.

-End of Part 5-