𝐎𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER ONE | BABYSITTER
    "You're asking me to babysit your nephews because your working and your assistant can't? Shouldnt your assistant always be open for these jobs?" Claire shook her head and sighed, looking at the girl as she stood against the glass to the Trex enclosure, her lips pressed together.

    "Yes, Rocky, but they're about your age and Zara has been given the day off for wedding planning." Rocky thought for a moment as stared at the woman for a second before rolling her eyes and nodding her head.

    "Fine, but Vem gets better feed. These little goats aren't doing it. She needs bigger chunks of meat." Claire looked at the smirking girl for a second before sighing, contemplating the offer. She soon realized that she wouldn't be able to find anyone to help her in time.

    "Fine, but it won't come in for another week. Now, come on, they're already here." The two began walking out of the viewing area before Rocky stopped.

    "I'll catch up, I just forgot to lock up."

    "We'll be in the Innovation Center." Rocky nodded her head as Claire continued walking before going back to the door, locking it.

..........

    "Gray, is that you?" The two boys turn around to see Claire walking the stairs on her phone, a huge smile forming on the younger boys face.

    "Aunt Claire!" The boy dashed over as she continues down, still talking on her phone, but in a hurry to finish her dreadful conversation. As she hangs up and reaches the bottom, Gray attacks her in a giant hug. Claire hugs the boy back, overjoyed but still awkwardly hugging him. Zach looks up from his own phone, still moody as he stuffs his hands and phone into his pockets with a sigh.

    "Hi! Oh, oh, my gosh, you're so sweet!" She turns to look at her other nephew, the older boy rolling his eyes and looking away from his aunt. "Whoa, Zach! Last time I saw you, you were like." Claire holds a hand out at about Gray's height making Zach scoff. "That must've been, what? Three, four years ago?"

    "Uh, seven. Seven years. But, you know, close."

    "So I see you already got your wristbands and this is for food." The redhead hands Gray an envelope with the Jurassic World logo on it, the young boy looking up at her, furrowing his brows in confusion. "And Rocky should be getting here soon to take care of you two until I'm done working tonight, okay?" Gray suddenly looks gloomy at this revelation, the woman already feeling bad as she looked at her youngest nephew.

    "You're not coming with us?"

    "Oh, um, I really wish that I could, but tomorrow I can take you into the control room, show you behind the scenes and all of that. That's... that's gonna be cool, right?" Zach looks at his aunt and scoffs, shaking his head and stepping towards the two, his jaw clenched.

    "So you're going to have some dude watch after us because you can't?" Just as he says it, Rocky comes up behind him, a smirk on her face as she looks at Claire and then back at him.

    "Ouch, that really hurts. Do you really think I'll be that bad of a babysitter?" The girl dramatically placed her hands on her heart as if she were hurt, making the boy turn to face her. "You don't even know me. I could be the best babysitter ever."

    "And suddenly I'm okay with you going to work." Rocky shakes her head and chuckled, walking up to Claire with her hands in her pocket.

    "Okay, so I will see you tonight at, uh, six." The girl looks up at the woman and shakes her head. "Right, of course. I will see you tonight at eight. What time do you go to sleep? Or, or, do you go to sleep at different times?" Rocky face palms and silently chuckles at the older woman, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Okay, so, um, have fun. And take very good care of them." Smiling, the woman walked away through the holographic dinosaur, grabbing her phone back from out of her pocket.

    "Ok, so, you guys wanna see something cool? Or we could just stand here all day, but there are too many too many noisy kids in here and I don't feel like loosing my ability to head."