𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER EIGHT | PART RAPTOR
    "They're slowing down." The girl slowed down on her bike, right besides her brother and Barry, watching the pack of dinosaurs.

    "They got something." Suddenly, the Indominus appears from behind the trees, looking down at the raptors, as she began to make a chuffing noise, speaking to Blue. The small raptor chuffed back before turning to the group of people, the rest of the raptors following suit.

    "Something's wrong. They're communicating." Rocky took a deep breath in, her eyes hardly widened as Delta looked right at her.

    "Owen, I know why they wouldn't tell us what it's made of." The Indominus makes a chuffing noise towards the raptors, making them slowly move closer to everyone as Barry questions why. "That thing's part Raptor." The raptors look towards their Owen, snarling at him.

    "What's taking them so long? Light it up! Engage!" They begin to shoot at the raptors and the Indominus, making the dinosaurs bolt. Owen and Rocky join in on the shooting, firing tranqs at the animals. A man, who works for InGen, loads a cannon and shoots a missile towards the Indominus, to which she falls, slightly wounded, but she gets up and runs away.

    "Watch your six. Raptors got a new alpha." The raptors attack the men, as Rocky revs her bike, catching the attention of Charlie. Whistling she begins to drive through the trees, Charlie following right behind her.

    "To the vehicles now! Fall back!" Suddenly the sound of a gunshot blares in Rockys head, her head shooting back as Charlie screeches, her body falling limp into the shrubs.

    "We said no live ammo!" The blonde places her hand on her cheek, bringing it back down in front of her to see blood. "Great."

..........

    "My God." The ginger watches the tablet anxiously as the two boys watch through the window nervously.

    "Is everybody dead?" She turns, turning her tablet down and shutting it off.

    "Is Rocky okay?" Claire looked at the oldest, nodding her head, knowing he already cared deeply for the girl.

    "Everyones fine." Zach looks at the woman, shaking his head and telling her not to lie to his little brother. "He's scared. It's okay to lie when people are scared." Gray began to quiver, holding onto his older brother as tears lined his eyes, pleading to go home. "Tomorrow you will be home, and your mother will never let me see you again." Suddenly a bloody hand was slammed onto the drivers side window, making them scream.

    "Get out of here! Go! They're coming!" The red head quickly starts the van, driving off onto the road to get the two boys to safety.

    "Just hold on back there!" Suddenly the back doors to the van open, Delta and Echo chasing after the van, sapping at the two boys as Zach reaches for a nearby taser, fidgeting with the controls. Gray grabs the taser from his older brother, stabbing Echo in the chest with the taser.

    "Are you boys okay?"

    "Did you see that? I can't wait to tell Mom." The boy sat with the taser in his hand, a smile on his face when he looked back at his aunt.

    "Please, no. Do not tell your mother about that, ever." The raptors leave into the jungle as Owen and Rocky appear on their motorcycles.

    "Owen! Rocky!"

    "You boys miss me yet?"