𝐓𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER TWO | COLORADO ROCKIES
    "Lift me up. I can't see!" Rocky and Zach looked at each other, the girl motioning towards the younger boy. Zach quickly mouthed a no to the girl, making her laugh as Gray continued to ask.

    "I'm not Dad. And you're not five."

    "I can still ride the Triceratops. I'm forty seven-and-a-half inches." Rocky chuckled and smiled at the younger boy, making Zach turn to her, smiling at the sound of her laugh. Rocky looked at Zach, feeling his gaze on her, the two sharing a smile before the girl turned to the younger Mitchell brother.

    "I can take you guys somewhere a little more entertaining then a bunch of rides for six year olds." The two boys began walking with Rocky, following close as she lead them to Vems enclosure.

    "Is your real name Rocky? Is it short for something? What do you do here? What's your job? Do you have a favorite dinosaur?"

    "Gray, calm down." Rocky smiled at the boy and shook her head, letting Zach know it was alright.

    "No, please, it's okay to be curious. Yes, my real names Rocky. My brother said I was named after the Colorado Rockies. I'm a dinosaur trainer here with my older brother, Owen. My favorite dinosaur is the Tyrannosaurus Rex and we're actually going to go see her right now."

    "Parents be aware, this show may be disturbing for smaller children." The girl smiled seeing all the people watching the dinosaur in awe, before turning back to the two boys.

    "I'll be back, just gotta do something. Stay here." The two boys nodded as they stood in front of the glass as Rocky left through a back door, running around the exhibit to the back of Vems paddock. She went through the door and was met by Cole, a tall blonde boy with green eyes, who handed her a headset with a smile.

    "Be careful, Roc. She's feeling a bit playful today."

    "Don't worry, Cole. I'll be fine." Rocky tapped the mic a few times before she heard it on the speakers. "Open it up, Cole." The tall blonde nodded his head as he spoke in a mic of his own.

    "Door seven, paddock nine, opening. Roc, you're on." Rocky nodded her head, giving the boy a small thank you before stepping into the enclosure.

    "Hello and welcome to Jurassic World. Im so glad you could all join me and Vem today. Let's see here." The girl turned around on her heels, looking through the trees for the creature, smiling when she heard a giant thud. "Oh, I hear her." The girl turned and came face to face with the trex, lifting her hand up to rub her snout, the dinosaur softly chuffing.

    "Is that?"

    "Rocky? Yeah."

    "Remember I am a trained professional. Should anyone ever come across an animal of this size, which would be surprising, never try to be its friend. To them, you're their next snack. Vem is Jurassic Worlds first and only Tyrannosaurus rex, she's about six years old as of right now. Now, normally, a trex would just come out of no where and just eat whatever they wanted whenever they wanted. They can't stalk their prey, due to the fact that they make the most noise ever, but if they know their next meal is right in front of them, it's game over." The trex roared at the people behind the glass making Rocky laugh. The girl looked up and met eyes with Zach, giving him a soft smile before returning back to the dinosaur. "I think she's hungry. Who wants to see her eat?" The crowd roared with excitement as a crane lowered from above.

    "She's just standing in there with it. Can-"

    "Shut it, Gray."

    "I'm gonna step out now, because as much as I would love to spend more time with this girl, I won't intrude on feeding. It gets messy. Thank you for staying, me and Vem truly appreciate it but once you're all finished here, make sure to check out Kelly and Indi for the Mosasaurus feeding show in about twenty minutes. Thank you." The girl walked out of the enclosure as the crane fully lowered the food in, the boys meeting her outside.

    "That was awesome! You just stood in there with her and she didn't even snap at you." Rocky chuckled at the little boy as Zach nodded his head in agreement with his younger brother.

    "Yeah, you were awesome in there." Rocky's head turned to the older brother, who was already looking at her, a toothy grin on his face. The Grady girl held eye contact for a few minutes before turning away, clearing her throat as she began to speak.

"Oh, uhm, thanks."