• ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔦𝔵𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 : 𝔄𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔞 •

• Chapter Sixteen : Amortentia •

[••• ––– •••]

Snow was swirling against the icy windows once more. Christmas was approaching fast. Hagrid had already single-handedly delivered the usual twelve Christmas trees for the Great Hall. Garlands of holly and tinsel had been twisted around the banisters of the stairs. Everlasting candles glowed from inside the helmets of suits of armor and great bunches of mistletoe had been hung at intervals along the corridors.

When (Y/N) was alone, a few boys tended to converge underneath the mistletoe bunches every time she went past. Fortunately, however, (Y/N)'s frequent nighttime wanderings with Harry had given her an unusually good knowledge of the castle's secret passageways, so that she was able, without too much difficulty, to navigate mistletoe-free routes between classes.

Cho, who had been with her at some time, found this really amusing. She had pointed out that (Y/N)'s already taken yet some people still managed to get her attention in some ways. Just thankfully, they hadn't told Harry about this or else, he might have killed ten boys at a time.

On a Tuesday night, (Y/N) found herself walking alone towards the tallest tower of Hogwarts. Apparently, Harry had been so exhausted with his own homeworks that was why he had slept the night away, not even realizing that (Y/N) had another two hours of Astronomy lesson.

The corridors were shouting in silence, which made (Y/N)'s hair to stand up with shivers on her skin. She was definitely scared to be alone but she didn't want to wake anyone up. Padma, Jill and Toni, all of whom were asleep on their dormitory, didn't took Astronomy for their N.E.W.T.s. (Y/N) only have Andrew as her classmate for the subject but he wasn't in the common room when she went down.

"(Y/N)!"

Looking around, she felt a slight relief when she saw that it was Andrew. He was on his Ravenclaw uniform as she was and had his dark brown hair in a depressed way as though he just woke up from a dreadful dream.

"Andrew." she called back. She waited for him to reach her before she asked; "Are you okay? You looked harassed."

Andrew chuckled and fixed his hair into its usual style.

"I forgot that we have class." he muttered as they set off, he was still trying to make himself look decent. He looked around them in confusion. "You're — you're alone?"

"Yeah." (Y/N) replied. "Harry's asleep on his dorm. I didn't want to bother him."

"But it's dangerous." Andrew said. "What if something happens while you're going up to the tower? And I'm supposed to be with you since we both have the same class. I'll have the conscience if something bad happens to you."

(Y/N) felt herself warm in the neck, silently thanking Rowena for not procuring light on their way up the stairs. Harry was the only one who can make her blush but what was happening?

"I-I couldn't find you in the common room when I went down." she mumbled, slightly brushing her hair to tie it up as it began to be hot around her despite the cold presence of Christmas.

"Just next time, if Harry won't be there to walk you to Astronomy class, you can wait for me in the common room." said Andrew, looking forward to their way instead of her with his face in an expression that (Y/N) couldn't guess. "As a guy and your classmate, I should feel responsible for you too... especially when your boyfriend's too busy enough to be with you." he whispered the last few words to himself.

"What's the last bit?" said (Y/N) in curiosity, peering over his face. "I didn't hear it."

"I just said that I'm not going to let you wander around the castle at night on your own." lied Andrew, looking back to her with a small grin. "Only when Harry's not with you, I mean... I'm supposed to be your friend."