3- A Fear of Spiders

Dick POV
After what felt like dozens of hours of countless questions I was finally allowed to get some privacy. They showed me the room I would be staying in, and offered me clothes. I turned it down though because I already had the clothes in my utility belt, I wasn't allowed weapons though, which was agreed to.

The room I got was a spare room in between everyone else's, they didn't trust me fully yet so they decided to choose a room that would be easy to access. The room was about the size of my bathroom back at the manor, the walls were a light beige and the floor was a dark wood.

Captain America gave me a tour of the Avengers tower, it wasn't as big as the watchtower, but it was a decent size. He explained that the bathroom was down the hall to the left, my room didn't have one because they never thought anyone would be staying there for long. It made sense because you don't just give a room everything when no one stayed in it. Well it only made sense for Bruce. He had like a bazillion empty rooms that Alfred still cleans daily.

The room I got had a few necessities, like a bed, mirror and a wardrobe. There was also a huge window taking the space of about a whole wall. The view was mesmerising, I could see hundreds of tall soaring skyscrapers. It was beautiful. I'd only been to New York once, but it reminded me of Metropolis. The opposite of Gotham or Bludhaven.

I took out my empty utility belt. All that was left were my civilian clothes, a pair of sunglasses, and my Wayne Tech phone gifted to me as a joke by Jason. I never told him, but that phone became my favourite. Although it didn't have all the data in this universe, it still had the pictures. I scrolled though some of them, there were ones from when Damian stole my phone and threatened to show Jason. But I won my phone back by threatening to tell Bat-Cow that he was adopted.

I pushed away all those memories for later and clipped my utility belt around my chest. As I made my way down the hall I could hear people talking, I peered through a doorway that lead into the living room. There was a teenager holding gifts with all the Avengers names on it, I figured that it was almost Christmas by the looks of the wrapping paper.

I smiled. It reminded me of Christmas with my family, back in the circus I would always look forward to whatever holiday was happening at the time. I loved any holiday that required talking in gifts, I would always have a gift from everyone in the circus, sometimes even some from the crowd.

I made a left to the bathroom and shut the door behind me. I made sure to lock it just in case someone came in. I didn't check if there were any cameras though. Cause I thought they would at least have a bit of privacy.

I pulled off my suit and threw it onto the countertop, then I pulled over a blue shirt and a black sweater. I slipped on some black sweatpants and put my combat boots back on. Then I stuffed my Nightwing suit back into the utility belt, and put the belt around me. After all, it's the first thing Batman taught me.

Avengers POV
Peter was handing out gifts to the Avengers. His aunt May made everyone matching Christmas sweaters with their corresponding symbols on them. All of them loved it of course. They were all complimenting the sweaters when the tv turned on.

Everyone looked at the tv as the bathroom played on the screen. Peter was the first to question it. "What's that?" Iron Man grabbed the remote and turned the quality up. "I installed a camera into the bathroom to see what the new guy is hiding."

The Avengers stared at him in complete shock. Steve seemed to be the most shocked, "What if he showers?!" He yelled, Tony laughed. "Then I'll turn the tv off." Peter was confused. "Uh who's the new guy?"

There was no more room for conversation when he walked into the bathroom. He made sure to lack the door before briefly pausing. The room was suddenly filled with gasps as he pulled his suit off to reveal dozens of scars littering across his muscular body. There were some small healed cuts on his arms and some new fresh ones as well, there were also small J's and H's littering his chest. There was a huge question mark on the side of his stomach and back, they could also barely make out the words circus freak carved onto a small portion of his right shoulder.

The room was silent as he put on his clothes then left the room. Tony rushed to turn off the tv as he made his way to the room they were currently sitting in.

He had some explaining to do...

Dick POV
When I walked into the living room everyone was staring at me with wide eyes, I was confused until I realised that they probably did have cameras in the bathroom...

I sighed. "Well are you just going to stare at me all day?" They all realised that they were staring and quickly looked away. I looked around to see if all of them saw that. 'Yep'. That's when I laid my eyes on the teenager again, this time I had a better look at him. He had brown hair and was wearing a plain t-shirt and jeans, his face looked like it was extremely awkward for him.

"Who's that?"

Everyone looked at me, then at the kid. He looked like he was going to be sick, but took the chance as an introduction.

"Uh. Hi, I'm Peter Parker."

I just stared at him. Well he had to be a superhero as well. I mean, how else would he hang out with all of these?

"Your hero name?"

Peter looked at me with wide eyes, then glanced at Tony for approval. He nodded then looked away.

"I'm also known as Spiderman, Mister....."

'Spiderman? Spiders are one of the many things I'm scared of. And they're above the Joker"

I tried to smile, "I'm Dick Grayson. Also known as Nightwing." He tried to smile as well. "Sorry sir, but who is Nightwing?" I laughed then quickly explained who Nightwing was. When I finished his mouth was agape. "Wow." He looked astonished. Like Santa Clause just told him that he wasn't the one putting the gifts under the tree.

"W-wait. So you're from a different dimension?!" I thought for a while and was about to answer until he gave me an answer that told me everything. "That's so cool! Which Earth are you from? How is it possible for you to get here? Can you fly or shoot lasers? Do you have powers?!"

I chuckled, "hehe. Well I don't exactly know how I got here, and can't do any of that. I'm just an ordinary human." He was confused and continued to ask questions. "So.... Are you like Mr Stark?"

"Well not really, I'm more of an acrobat than a gadget person. Well technically I am a gadget person I guess, I'm really good at hacking."

"That's so cool! Can we see you train? Or do flips?" I looked at Tony. "Do you have a trapeze and a training room?"

"Um uh yeah! I just added a trapeze into the training room, lucky for you." He smiled.

"Great. I'm gonna need a new outfit."

Hey! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please tell me if I should improve on anything or if you're enjoying this story!

Stay Whelmed and Keep Traught!