Chapter four

CHAPTER FOUR: the body

❝︎ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ❞︎

PERSUES WARD WINCED AS HE MOVED THE SLIGHTEST. He was bruised and battered. He wondered if he would be able to even take another hit without dying.

The brunette boy hissed when he had rolled his shoulders to put in his jacket, and he had to get out of the house.
❝︎ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ❞︎

Persues has walked around town, simply wanting to stay away from his father. He figured that he would go to the ceremony for Will.
❝︎ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ❞︎
Persues sat in the crowd, covering up the bruise he had.

"At times like these...," the principal's voice kept fading in and out, with the ringing in Persues's ears. "It is important that we come together as a community. We come-"

The doors opened, causing everything to turn and face them. In walked Dustin, Mike, Lucas, and a new, blond-haired girl. Dustin seemed ready to turn back but was stopped by Lucas. Persues raised his hand, gesturing to the others to join him. Dustin quickly did.

"We've come together to heal; we come to gather to grieve..."

"Hi," Dustin smiled at Persues.

"Hello," Persues smiles back.
❝︎ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ❞︎

"Will Byers's death is an unimaginable tragedy." The principal continued. "Will was an exceptional student and a wonderful friend to all of us. It's impossible to express the hole his loss will leave in our community. I'd like to introduce you to Sandy Sloane..."

"Bet she's a grief counselor," Persues muttered under his breathe.

"She's a local grief counselor from the church over in Jonesboro. But before she comes up here, I just want those of you who are having trouble dealing with this tragic loss...to know-"

"Look of these fakers," Mike whispered.

"They probably didn't evil know his name till today," Lucas angrily muttered

Troy was laughing, mocking people.

"Mouth breather," the girl with blond hair muttered.

Perseus turned to her, extending a hand over Dustin and Lucas. "I'm Perseus."

"El," the girl looked at his hand, back at Mike before reaching over Mike and Lucas to shake his hand.

The school bell rang, and everyone got up. Mike walked over to Troy. "Hey! Hey! Hey, Troy! Hey, Troy! You...you think this is funny?"

"What'd you say, Wheeler?"

"I saw you guys laughing over there. And I think that's a really messed up thing to do."

Perseus steps are closer in case Troy attacks Mike.

"Didn't you listen to the counselor, Wheeler? Grief shows itself in funny ways."

"Besides, what's there to be sad about, anyway? Will's in fairyland now, fight?" Troy says. "Flying around with all the other little fairies. All happy and gay! La la la," he mocked, walking away before turning to Persues. "You going to join him, Ward?"

Mike walked up to him and shoved Troy. The other hit the ground. "You're dead, Wheeler! Dead!"

Perseus quickly was behind Mike, pulling him back when Troy froze. Everyone was confused, as the boy stopped his attacks "Dude, Troy peed himself," a boy announced, everyone laughed.

"Let's go," Lucas pulled Mike.

"Perseus," Dustin called, gesturing  for him to follow the group.
❝︎ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ❞︎

The four friends glanced at each other, looking at Perseus. "Should we tell him?"

"What? No! Are you crazy?"

"He's always helped us," Mike reasoned.

The three turn to Eleven, waiting for her answer. "Fine, let's let Eleven decide."

She looks over to Perseus, who was awkwardly standing outside. 
❝︎ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ❞︎
"Now what?" Dustin questioned.

"She'll find him," Mike says, as El sits down. "Right El?"

"So, basically, she's a supernatural tracker?" Perseus questioned.

"Well, she can do more than just track people," Dustin told him.

Mikes shifts the gears on the radio. For a moment, it was silent

"She's doing it, she's finding him." Mike says.

"This is crazy," Dustin speaks.

"Calm down," Lucas deadpans. "She just closed her eyes.

The lights turn off, and a loud clanging noise gets louder.

"What is that?" Dustin asked.
❝︎ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ❞︎

"Will! Will!"
"Will! It's us! Are you there?" Lucas asked.
"Can you hear us?" Dustin questioned. "We're here!"

All were yelling.

"Hello?" Will's distorted voice came through, and since hearing it, it had caused Perseus to freeze in shock. "Mom?"

"Why can't he hear us?" Lucas questioned.

"I don't know!" Mike responded.

"It's like home, but it's so dark..." Will says. "It's so dark and empty. And it's cold!"

"God, this is fucked up." Perseus says.

Will calls for his mother, and then the fuse blows, catching fire. The fire alarm went off, and Dustin moved to grab the fire extinguisher.

"El, are you okay?" Mike asked the girl. "Can you move?" Mike looks up at Lucas. "Here, help her up."

Lucas and Mike lift her arm up, and Dustin grabs her feet. Persues opens the door and had gotten a cart with wheels on it. He placed the girl on it before they all ran.

❝︎ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ❞︎
{812}