Chapter five

CHAPTER FIVE: the flea and the acrobat

|[●▪▪●]|[ ]Ր૦қ૯Ո|[●▪▪●]|[ ]

PERSUES WARD HAD A DEEP HATRED FOR HIS FATHER. The young brunette feared that, one day, his father would kill him. Either on purpose or on accident. The thought still terrified him. His head snapped to the side when hearing his father stumble in the dark, cursing following as he did.
Persues moved forward, locking the door.
|[●▪▪●]|[ ]Ր૦қ૯Ո|[●▪▪●]|[ ]

Persues wasn't sure why Dustin Henderson invited him to Will Byers funeral. He hadn't spoken to the boy-or any of them-that many times. But, he had quickly gathered an old suit, taking one of his father's ties.
|[●▪▪●]|[ ]Ր૦қ૯Ո|[●▪▪●]|[ ]

"Hey," Perseus lightly says, walking up to Dustin, Mike and Lucas. He wasn't sure what to say. He didn't really speak to them, or many other people.

Dustin turned, for a moment, forgetting where they where, he smiled at the other. "You showed."

"Yeah, it seems like dick move to not show up to his funeral." Perseus says. Especially when you asked me to come to it. "And I'm not that much of an asshole."
|[●▪▪●]|[ ]Ր૦қ૯Ո|[●▪▪●]|[ ]

Pasted Charles stood in front of the casket, reading from the Bible. "Fear not, for I am with you.
Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
It's times like these that our faith is challenged.
How, if He is truly benevolent... could God take from us someone so young, so innocent? It would be easy to turn away from God... but we must remember that nothing, not even tragedy, can separate us from His love. We are here today to find comfort in the truth of scripture, - and to surround Will and his family... -

"Just wait till we tell Will that Jennifer Hayes was crying at his funeral," Dustin says.

Which had made Perseus turn to him, confused. But, before he could say anything, Mike's mother hushed them.
|[●▪▪●]|[ ]Ր૦қ૯Ո|[●▪▪●]|[ ]

It was odd to be there. His father had left, and even if he did show up, Perseus is sure he'd had to drag the drunk man away from everyone 

Perseus looked around, heading towards the table where the three friends were. They were talking to the science teacher, Mr. Clark.  Perseus debated on approaching them.

When he heard part of their conversation, he listen directly a moment before leaving. They were talking about alternative dimensions.
|[●▪▪●]|[ ]Ր૦қ૯Ո|[●▪▪●]|[ ]

Peruses ran from his house, ignoring his father's yells. He ran as quickly as he could, having no clue where he was. He had been walking through the woods, breathing heavy now with how much he had ran. He walked the tracks, pausing when he looked up and saw distant figures.

He swore it was Dustin, Lucas, and Mike. Along with a girl, he had meant her.
He followed them.
|[●▪▪●]|[ ]Ր૦қ૯Ո|[●▪▪●]|[ ]

He had seen Mike and Lucas start to fight. Which surprised him. "What the hell?" He asked, yelling as he ran to the two.

The girl, El, Eleven, he reminded himself had yelled out for the others to stop. Before she screamed, and Lucas flew back.

"Holy shit!" Perseus yelled, running forward as did Mike and Dustin.

Dustin spared a confused glance at Perseus.

"Lucas! Lucas! Lucas, are you all right?" The three tried to shake the other away.

"Lucas, come on. Wake up!"

Mike turned to Eleven. "Why would you do that?" He yelled at the girl. "What's wrong with you? What is wrong with you?

"Hey, Lucas," Perseus lifted his up, propping him up against the stone that he had hit, checking his pulse. Lucas finally woke up.

"How many fingers an I holding up?" Dustin asked, putting his fingers up and in front of Lucas's face. "Lucas how many fingers?"

Mike had gone to check on him, but Lucas swatted his hand away. "Get off of me!" Lucas got up, shoving the others off.

"Just...Lucas. Lucas, let me see," Mike tried to tell his friend.

"Get off of me!" Lucas repeated, before walking off.

"Lucas, come on," Mike had gone to follow him.

"Let him go," Dustin pulled Mike back.

"Maybe he just needs some time alone," Perseus says.

"What are you doing here?" Mike asked, before he looked over the other's shoulder. "Where is El? El!"

The three other boys started to yell for the girl.

"El!"
"Eleven!"
"El!"

|[●▪▪●]|[ ]Ր૦қ૯Ո|[●▪▪●]|[ ]

{733}