Chapter one

CHAPTER ONE:  madmax

CHAPTER ONE: madmax

>❣ცཞơƙɛŋ>❣

PERSEUS WARD RAN THROUGH THE HOUSE. Dustin had called and said that he and the others would be at the arcade. And Perseus had rushed to get ready to meet them there. He thought he made a ridiculous sight, jacket half off, shoes untied and him jumping around to push a shoe on.

"Where are you going?" Hopper interrupted the pre-teen.

Perseus looked up, now feeling a bit awkward. He had forgotten that he would have to ask Hopper permission to leave. It was odd now, because apparently Hopper wanted to know where he was so he knew if he would be okay. "Uh...Dustin invited me to go to the Arcade with him and the rest."
>❣ცཞơƙɛŋ>❣

Dustin smiled widely when he had seen Perseus. "You made it!" Dustin was the only one waiting outside.  "Everyone else is inside."

Hopper honked the horn, gesturing for Dustin to come to the door as Perseus had walked up to him. Perseus went to walk back to Hopper, but the man had told him that he wanted to speak to Dustin.

"Hey, guys," Perseus smiled at the group of boys, who surrounded one of the games.

>❣ცཞơƙɛŋ>❣

"Is it just me or is this game a..." Perseus trailed off, unsure of the word.

The blond-haired, blue-eyes, purple eye-shadow and red lipgloss animated woman on the game screen. "To slay the dragon, use the magic sword."

"Oh, Jesus! I'm in uncharted territory here, guys," Dustin tells them.

"You got this," Perseus tells the other.

"Down! Down! Down!" Lucas yells.

"I'm going! I'm going!" On the screen, Dustin dunked the claws of the dragon. "I'm going! I'm going!"

Everyone started to yell, but a second later, Dustin was burnt. "No! No! No! I hate this overpriced bullshit!" Plus, he had lost in front of Perseus, he hadn't invited the other to watch him lose. "Son of a bitch! Piece of shit!" Dustin kicked the machine.

"You're not nimble enough. But you'll get there one day," Lucas tells Dustin. "But, until them, Princess Daphne is still mine."

"You guys are so weird," Perseus tells them.

"Whatever. I'm still tops on Centipede and Dig Dug," Dustin boosts.