Chapter 7

The last thing Leighton expected when arriving home from her class was to see Nico waiting in her dorm. As she walked in, he stood up, wiping his hands on his jeans nervously.

"What do you want?" Leighton asked, pursing her lips as she crossed her arms expectantly.

"To talk." Nico shrugged simply, avoiding eye contact as Leighton sighed and walked further into the room.

"Okay, then talk." The blonde shrugged, sitting down and crossing her legs. They hadn't seen each other or talked since the fight about Maya and Kimberly. The air was filled with tension and Leighton was desperate to get it over with.

"I wanted to apologize," Nico frowned, he knew why Leighton was being so cold, but just wanted to make up already.

"Did you apologize to Maya? To Kimberly?" Leighton snapped, still angry that he'd hurt two of her friends, people she cared about and people he claimed to care about.

"I'm working on that," Nico shook his head, pausing for a moment, "But I wanted to apologize to you, I know I was in the wrong, and there's no excuse for it. I was hoping we could move past it before heading back home Saturday."

Leighton sighed, nodding her head. She loved Nico and didn't want to be fighting with him anymore, they'd always been close and she truly did miss him. "I forgive you for the fight, I guess. However, I'm still upset that you hurt Kimberly and Maya. Although, it would be nice to not be fighting during the holidays."

Nico smiled softly, nodding the entire time she spoke before replying, "We gotta face Mom together." The siblings chuckled, Leighton standing up as they hugged.

"You mean I have to face Mom while she flirts with you?" Legithon teased.

Nico pulled away, a look of disgust, as he whined, "Leighton, stop."

"Okay, sorry, sorry." Leighton chuckled.

"I have to go cause I have a final in 30 minutes, but I'll see you, okay? Theta is having a party Friday, a real big one to celebrate the end of the semester." Nico smile, heading to the door.

"Oh, I'm aware. Bela has been going on and on about how excited she is." Leighton chuckled, taking a seat on the couch and pulling out her phone.

"Also, can we like, not mention the whole cheating thing to Mom and Dad?" Nico turned back in the doorway, a look of guilt hinting on his face.

"Sure." Leighton sighed, nodding her head. As much as she would love for Nico to be the one getting scolded by their mother for once, she knew it would somehow come back on her anyway. Something told her that her mother would be more upset Leighton told Maya than the actual cheating.

"Alright, bye sis." Nico walked out.

"Bye," Leighton sighed, leaning back and pulling out her phone.

"Took you long enough to get home, felt like we were hiding in the room long enough." Bela groaned, jumping over the couch to sit down as Kimberly followed close behind.

"You guys were here?" Leighton asked, oblivious to the fact that anyone else had been here.

"Yep, we heard Nico come in and stayed in the room," Kimberly nodded awkwardly, earning a sad smile from the two girls.

"How was your final?" Bela asked, snacking on a bowl of gummy bears.

"Easy enough, it was just my math class today," Leighton shrugged, turning her attention back to her phone. "I have two more left and then I'm done for the semester."

"That's good, I only have 1 left tomorrow and I'm done." Kimberly sighed in relief. "I genuinely think finals might be the death of me. They're a cruel form of punishment."

Bela plopped another gummy bear into her mouth, "I'm already done. Had two today and three yesterday. Easy peasy."

"When are you heading home?" Kimberly asked, directing the question to both girls.

"Saturday," Leighton replied.

"Same, didn't wanna miss the Theta party," Bela grinned.

"Oh I'm aware, my mom is sad that I'll be home a day later. I couldn't exactly tell her it was to go to a party so I just said we're gonna have a game night." Kimberly smiled, Leighton shaking her head.

"Lame," Leighton teased in a mumble, eyes still glued to her phone as she texted Alicia.

"How's your girlfriend doing?" Bela teased, watching as Leighton instantly blushed.

"She's not my girlfriend. We're taking things slow, remember?" Leighton grinned, shaking her head.

"God, that's so boring. You know, I used to think you were so cool." Bela groaned, desperate for some form of gossip.

"I think it's great you're taking things slow, I'm really happy for you Leighton." Kimberly smiled politely, earning a soft smile from Leighton.

"Thanks Kimberly."

"You should invite her over tomorrow," Bela grinned, as Leighton instantly shook her head.

"Absolutely not." Leighton replied, finally looking up from her phone.

"Oh, come on. We won't embarrass you." Kimberly pleaded, her and Bela both suddenly desperate to have Alicia over.

"How do I know that?" Leighton argued in response, earning a shrug from Kimberly.

"If you don't invite her, I will." Bela tested, dangling her phone in front of her as Leighton finally gave in.

"Fine, fine." She groaned, "If you guys say anything I will end you, capiche?"

"Capiche." Both girls smiled triumphantly as Leighton went to invite Alicia,

Leighton:

Wanna come over tomorrow night and hang out with me and my roommates? They asked me to invite you.

Alicia:

Ohh is this like a meet the parents and try to impress kind of thing ? How nervous should I be?

Leighton:

No, you're fine. They all already love you for some reason. Even though you've only met Bela so far.

Alicia:

What can I say? I'm a charmer.

Leighton:

I can't argue with that one, I guess.

Alicia:

Does this mean I get to see your bedroom?;)

Leighton:

Keep it in your pants.

But sure, tomorrow night 7pm work for you?

Alicia:

Sure, any excuse to see you duh.

Leighton:

See ya xx