Chapter 3

Harry stared at the area were the professor had been standing. He secretly snuck out of the hotel to get some fresh air, but he didn't expect the professor to apparate randomly during the middle of the night!

However, he didn't hear the pop sound. How is that possible? There is always a pop sound! Unless she cast a silencing charm, but he didn't see her do anything of the sort.

Suddenly, he recalled Hermione's theorie about Professor Margatroid and dark magic.

Could it be?

Then again, she defeated the rest of the Death Eaters single-handly.

But...

Could she be...

Another dark lord? Waiting for ascension?

He shook his head.

Impossible.

But still...

It was a possibility...

Fighting those Death Eaters shown how powerful she was, and then she got nominated as Hogwart's participant for the tournament. And now... she teleported away silently in the middle of the night

It was just too sketchy.

Harry knew that he shouldn't dwell too much on details, but doing so helped him defeat Voldemort. 

He took a deep breath, knowing that he might be overthinking it. He should probably ignore the situation. 

He then began walking back to the hotel.

"Satellite Sunflower"

He immediately saw some sort of yellow orb float around him, soon followed by a green one. He turned around seeing none other then Patchouli herself.

"Spying, I see," She said flatly.

The orbs went faster, preventing his escape. He attempted to apparate away but nothing happened once he spun on his heel. Patchouli sighed, somehow managing to keep her emotionless poker face.

"Alice won't appreciate you doing this," She continued.

Harry didn't know what to say.

Who are you? He already knew that.

What are you doing here? That was weird.

You won't get me! That's straight up stupid :/

No matter what you do, I'll always be more popular than you'll ever be! That's totally not him, although might be a heavy blow to her pride, but no thanks.

S-Stay away! I won't taste good! She wasn't even walking towards him

I've faced off better than you! Too arrogant

Even books are stronger than your health! What are these replies that seem to mysteriously appear in his head?

Whilst having an internal struggle with himself, Patchouli had removed the orbs and was watching him curiously.

"You'd better go back, you know," She said softly.

He stared at her and noticed something.

She was also carrying a book.

It had a heavy leather cover and on it with a bold golden title that he couldn't read. It looked like Professor Margatroid's, except it wasn't as grandiose.

Patchouli noticed him staring.

"This is a grimoire," She turned it over, showing him.

"Can I see the inside?" He asked suddenly.

He silently cursed himself, feeling stupid for blurting out such a question. Luckily, she didn't have such a bad reaction.

"Sorry, I put a spell on it so that nobody could read it except me," 

Harry thought he heard her mutter something among the lines of ...so that thief won't be able to use it.

She was about to say something when Harry cut her off.

"What exactly is a grimoire? I've never heard of it," He asked.

Patchouli stuffed the book in her robe before muttering, "It's like some sort of notebook, where wizard and witches like writing down spells, especially ones they made," 

Harry nodded, but not quite understanding the purpose. He checked his watch, the one he received on his seventeenth birthday. It was already two in the morning!

"You'd better go back, after all, you don't want to know what Alice would do to you if she found out you vanished, spying on her,"

He was about to retort when the older women sighed once again. 

"I'd better go as well, after all, I don't know what Koa would do to my precious books in my library,"

She began walking away calmly, towards the horizon. Harry stared at her back, and then she simply vanished, like an illusion.

~~~

Koakuma narrowed her eyes. Where was Patchy sneaking off to again? Sure, she understood that she might be annoying at some times, but really, sneaking off was a bit of a stretch. Koakuma leaned back against a building's wall. She was in an alleyway as she watched Patchouli talk with a boy that she saw the day before near a cafe.

The devil narrowed her eyes as Patchouli left the place. Where is she sneaking off to this time?! She was about to come out of her hideout to follow her before she sensed a presence behind her. It felt peaceful, calm-inducing even.

She turned around and saw the worried face of a familiar friend.

"Dai!"