Chapter 4

Forgot to draw how they looked like

"What are you doing here?" Koakuma whispered.

Daiyousei sniffed before replying, "Cirno and Rumia are missing!" 

Koakuma put an arm around the fairy, attempting to calm her down.

"Better?" Koakuma asked.

Daiyousei nodded, "Thanks, Koa,"

"Alright, tell me when you've last seen them," Koakuma demanded.

"We were somewhere in Japan, I think Shizuoka, before Cirno decided to explore the Northern-Eastern area with Rumia right after we escaped some sort of prison,"

"And then?" Koakuma decided not to press on the fact that they were hostages at some point, as she was well and okay in front of her.

"We stopped around Western Tokyo to take a break at a mountain, when we lost Rumia!"

"Okay, Okay. Do you remember what the mountain was called?"

Daiyousei frowned, "I think Sagirei or something similar,"

"What happened next?"

"Cirno wanted to race to America. However, she wanted to travel west while I went east,"

Koakuma nodded in understanding, "Aren't you faster than her?"

"Yeah, so I waited a few days hidden in a forest in America, but I couldn't sence her aura even after four weeks!" Tears appeared in Daiyousei's eyes.

"Didn't you notice Rumia's aura fading then?"

"It was too late when I realized," Her demeanor darkened, "Cirno already left before I realized, so I decided it was better to follow her first and convince her to get Rumia,"

"So how did you end up here?"

"When the fifth week stroke, I decided to look for Cirno, but I couldn't find her anywhere, and found you here,"

Koakuma thought for a bit and ended up with nothing.

"Alright, before we start, let's disguise you," She took out a huge book that magically fit in her small purse.

"Concealments against the Outside World," Daiyousei read off the cover.

"Let's see..." Koakuma began fumbling through the pages.

"For fairy... wings... ears... hair ... aura..." She muttered, "Got it!"

Daiyousei snapped up in attention.

"Are you ready?" Koakuma asked.

Daiyousei sighed, "I guess it's necessary,"

Koakuma began reciting the spell from the book, adding details here and there. However, while turning Daiyousei mint hair to blond, they felt something, or rather someone, in the back of the alleyway.

The persone sighed, "There you are Koakuma, I was worried for you,"

Patchouli took in the scene before her, "Helping this fairy?"

"Yeah," Koakuma replied, "I was dyeing her hair blond before you interrupted me,"

"What's going to happen?" Daiyousei cried.

Patchouli examined her hair, which was almost completely blond except at the tips, which were still her usual minty green color.

"Nothing dangerous will happen, it'll fade away after four months. Besides, humans won't give a second glance to that hair,"

Daiyousei nodded, "What about my wings? I don't know how to hide them,"

Patchouli muttered a spell under her breath and Daiyousei appeared in normal human clothes. Her wings were gone as well.

"It's just a glamour. Your wings are still there but nobody can sense nor see it,"

Daiyousei now wore a yellow and white scarf, a blue sweater, black legging and blue rainboots.

The fairy examined her clothes through a foldable mirror Koakuma carried in her purse.

"I like, I guess," She murmured.

"Now then, let's go and find Cirno,"

They carefully went out of the alleyway, making sure nobody saw them. Patchouli decided to teleport to she-knows-where.

"I'm sure she isn't in America," Daiyousei whispered once they were walking on the empty streets.

"America's huge," Koakuma replied, "She could be anywhere in USA,"

"She said she wanted to meet up in at Boston,"

Koakuma pondered for a bit before asking, "Is her geography good?"

"I can't convince her that China and Korea are two different countries," Daiyousei sighed.

Koakuma was about to reply when they heard a meowing noise behind them. They turned around and saw an orange tabby cat on the laying on the ground, meowing.

They approached it carefully.

"Is that... a cat?" Daiyousei asked.

There weren't many cats in Gensokyo, other than the bakenekos, kashas, and shikigamis (Mike, Rin, Chen, I'm looking at you).

"A persian, it seems," Koakuma noted.

Then she noticed a collar on it.

"'Crookshanks'," She read, "Particular name for a cat,"

"Hey look at this," Daiyousei beckoned.

She stood in front of a beaten-up poster on the same cat nearby on the ground.

Koakuma rubbed her eyes. Remilia, I swear, if you randomly decided to distract us from finding Cirno with a missing cat poster, she thought. She didn't believe it was a coincidence.

"Can we help it find it's owner?" Daiyousei pleaded.

"I guess," Koakuma shrugged, "We'd better get going,"

The sun began to rise. Koakuma attempted to approach the cat, but it hissed in protest before collapsing. It's breathing was ragged.

"It's tired and hungry, I bet," Daiyousei murmured.

Koakuma picked up the limp cat in her arms and Daiyousei tore out a part of  the poster, the name of the owner to be specific.

Daiyousei examined the poster as if something didn't click.

"Shouldn't there be a location so that we could find the owner?"

Koakuma wasn't a specialist in lost pet posters, but she knew the fairy was right.

"I have no idea, but maybe we cou—"

She was cut off when a fist met her jaw.

"Hey! Stop it!"

She turned around to meet the face of Hermione Granger.