through sickness and health 🍃

you didn't think being in the rain would

cause you to catch a cold, as long as you weren't out for too long. turns out, you were wrong, and now you were laying in your bed beside a pile of tissues.

what could you say though? what happened yesterday was worth it, even though you managed to get sick. you were on break, so it'd be alright. it was snowing outside which caught you by surprise considering the rain yesterday.

you wondered if kazuha was sick as well. after a couple sneezes, you reach for your phone on the counter and decide to dial him.

ring...

ring...

"hello?"

he picked up.

"hey, kazuha. are you sick as well?" you ask, before coughing as if on cue afterwards.

"haha, yes, i am. i'm really sorry about this, love. i didn't originally intend to get us both sick. this is a consequence of my careless actions..." he replied, sneezing. you blush at the name he called you before responding,

"no no, it's fine! really! i enjoyed yesterday. some cold won't immediately make me super mad at you." you chuckle, as you hear his faint laugh.

"that's good. since we're both sick, is it okay if i come over? i think it'd be nice if i could cook both of us some soup." he proposes, which makes you a bit worried.

"are you sure? you don't have to do all that if you feel nauseous.." you ask, concerned.

"i'm sure. it's just a little sneezing and coughing here and there. i'll be there in a few minutes. if you could, could you open the door once i ring the doorbell?" he reassuringly says, as you reply.

"of course."

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

you heard the doorbell ring, as you quickly get out of bed and open the door, excited.

"hey kazuha! how are you-"

you pause before sneezing.

"oh, dear. i'm doing fine, thank you for asking. i'll be coming inside now." he pats your head and walks inside, dusting the snow off his head.

"is the snow still coming down? if it continues to pour, i'll have no choice but to go outside..." you say, looking out the window. the snow was still coming down.

you desperately, desperately wanted to go outside, but since you were sick, you'd have to wait until you felt a little bit better. you thought kazuha's soup would probably do the trick.

"after some soup, i think we could go outside for a few minutes to enjoy the snow. i'll start working on it. is ramen okay?" he asks, grabbing ingredients from the fridge.

"ramen sounds delicious! thanks, kazuha!" you smile, as you offer to help him and rush over to the kitchen.

the ramen was done in no time, and it smelled heavenly. you couldn't wait to try it.

kazuha grabs bowls for both of you as you wait at the table. he puts a good amount of ramen in each bowl and serves it.

"thank you! let's eat, i can't wait!" you grin, immediately digging into the noodles and soup. kazuha does the same, as he looks back up and sees your happy expression.

"wow, this is delicious!! kazuha, you're actually some kind of food god, this is so good-!" you compliment between bites. seriously though, this was one of the best ramen bowls you've ever had in your life.

"i'm flattered, y/n. thank you, genuinely. i'm glad you enjoy it, it's actually one of my mom's recipes." he says, splitting apart one of the eggs in his bowl with his chopsticks.

"that's so cool!! this is really amazing, i'm not even kidding- are there seconds?" you ask, finishing up and raising your empty bowl joyfully.

"yep, there is. feel free to grab from the pot," he smiles, eating the last of his own noodles. "i think i'll have some too."

"sure thing! get over here!" you laugh, motioning him to give you his bowl so you could pour another serving into it.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

after many helpings of ramen and many glasses of water, you had both finally finished all the soup and decided you were full. you were now resting on the couch under lots of blankets and leaning against the comfy pillows, with kazuha next to you holding your waist.

the fireplace was on. you snuggled up closer to him, as he did the same once noticing.

"sorry, i might make your cough worse. it just feels nice being close like this.." you awkwardly smile, as he lays his head on yours.

"that's alright. i like being close like this too." he mutters out loud, clutching your waist tighter as he kisses you on the forehead shortly.

you both never got to spend time close together, so this once, you treasured it. he was really never this affectionate, but you didn't mind. in fact, you loved it as well.

...

"you must've really liked my ramen. you basically had all of it." he grinned cheekily, as you pouted at him.

"hey, i was just hungry! and it was a really good recipe too!" you reply, lightly pinching his cheek.

"i'm really glad. i agree, it was a good recipe. i'm happy i got to cook it for you." he says, before resting on your shoulder.

"...yeah, thanks, kazuha. what would i do without you?" you lightly chuckle, caressing his cheek before letting go.

...

...

...

"can we, by chance, go outside in the snow?"

"of course. just a few more minutes."

...

_____________________________________________________________________________________

merry christmas guys!! i hope you guys have an awesome and joy-filled christmas :)

once again, thank you for all your comments and support on this book! love you all, and have an amazing day 💗