injured / annie x masc

Annie opened her eyes only a minute or so after the crash, having only suffered a small head wound from the back of the driver's seat headrest. A groan croaked in her throat, mainly out of confusion, and began to look around. It had all been so rushed - the sprinting, her scrambling into the back seats, you practically falling into the driver's and fiddling with the keys so nervously she still managed a smile. Then it was a matter of racing down the wrong side of the street to escape Black Noir. He couldn't kill Starlight for obvious reasons - but you weren't a member of The Seven. He could just as easily frame you out to be some terrorist who made the first move.

All she'd wanted since the first day you met was to protect you, the fact that she couldn't do so constantly plagued her head. And now, this.

'(Y/n)!' she climbed over the clutch to get to you, '(Y/n), open your eyes!'

Thank the Gods you recognised her voice after hitting the steering wheel that hard - the car was so shitty the airbag didn't even deploy. 'Annie,' you managed to mumble out her name. Through all the ringing, you heard a series of car door slams until a breeze passed through your slouched, weak figure. Slowly growing back the strength to move, you sat up and wiped your face with the back of your sleeve.

'Oh, my God. Are you okay?' Annie was crouched in the driver's doorway, reluctantly reaching for your face. Despite the little gash on her forehead, your smile at her is irresistible, though pained.

'I'm fine,' you were not.

'We need to call the guys,' she fretted. Despite the previous lying, you understood multitasking was most likely beyond your current skillset, and handed her your cellphone from your back pocket, before attempting to stand out of the car. 'Who do we call? M.M.?' Annie offered her arm to help you out.

'No,' you whined through the pain in your neck in standing up, 'Butcher.'

She was so close now. Practically hugging you.

You surveyed the street over her head as you limped across the road. Black Noir could've been waiting, after all. You walked past Annie as she held her cellphone to her ear and a wave of dizziness washed over you. You almost vomited at first, spreading your arms in a desperate attempt for balance. In some haze, you could hear her panicking to Butcher over the phone.

'No, he looks awful. You need to get here...No, M.M. can't fix it... why not? Are you kidding me? He was in a fucking car wreck!'

'Annie,' you half-believed you called for her in your head, but she still looked up. She looked worried.

Annie quickly told Butcher to hurry the hell up and turned to grab her bag from the car, but by the time she had emerged to the street, you were just barely reaching a stagger. '(Y/N), come here let me look at you,' she raced around to face you, letting out a gasp at your grey features and dulled eyes. A hand flying to her mouth, she murmured your name once more before you crashed through her arms and hit the road.

. . . . .

Butcher and Annie looked down on you in the hospital bed, matching expressions of concern. 'The lad'll be fine, love. He's a good'un,' Butcher remarked, but he couldn't help but wonder how long it might take to recover this time around. He'd found the two of you in quite a state when he arrived, crowbar slung over shoulder, face grave. Annie had been trying to get you stood up, and failing miserably. He knew it was serious as soon as he noticed the tears on her face.

'They said he'll be okay,' she nodded.

Butcher didn't reply. He knew she was assuring herself more than updating him.

'He didn't have to.'

'What?' Butcher looked up.

'(Y/N). He didn't have to do it, but he did. He pushed me into the backseat where it was safe,' Annie said thoughtfully as she watched your drained face below the betraying lights, critical of any miniscule expression you might give.

'Well, he sure talks about ya' a damn sight more than I'd prefer,' Butcher nodded, noticing your eyelids starting to flicker. He glanced at Annie once more, the delicate tear tracks barely dry on her beautifully flushed cheeks, and silently took himself outside.

You remembered the incident as a series of flashes. Like a bad dream where your feet sink into the floor, where your friends and family are snatched from you so exceptionally slow it hurts even more when you wake up.

It was the biggest relief to be faced with her as soon as you opened your eyes. Black Noir. For just a moment, panic ceased over you, and it was clearly visible in your eyes as Annie rushed to your side at the drop of a hat.

'No, no, no!' she placed a hand in your hair, a piece of heaven in your head, and brushed her fingers through your locks. 'You're okay, (Y/N). You're fine, I promise.' There was a tired smile on her face as she stroked your head.

Blinded by the halo of hospital lights around her head, you squinted and reached for her arm, 'Hey,' your voice came out hoarse and raspy which, incidentally, thickened the rosy colour in her grin. 'How are you?' you forced the words out, internally dying for a glass of water.

'You're asking me how I am?' her hand fell to cup your face.

'Well, yeah-'

Annie pressed a determined kiss to your forehead. When she pulled away, you could make out the freckles across the bridge of your nose. Her hand remained on your cheek, she was now leaned over the bed, inches above you.

It could've been the delirium from the crash, the early signs of a concussion if not for the way your hand softly pulled at the back of her hair as she descended once more. Moments into the kiss, you could still feel the way her lips mouthed your name before it started.

'You could've been killed,' she mumbled against your skin.

'I think that was worth it,' you whispered back, trying to shuffle.

'What are you doing? (Y/N), stop messing with your IV.'

'I'm just trying to-'

'Please just look at me.' There was such a sincere desperation in her voice you had to drag your eyes to meet hers. She sat on the side of your bed, the fingers on her other hand now drawing shapes on your arm, 'Why didn't you tell me sooner?'

You leaned back into the elevated pillows, groaning somewhat, 'I didn't want to worry you.'

Annie breathed another sigh of relief, reminding herself you'd be fine, and curled up in the space you'd made on the sheets. Resting an arm over you, she mumbled, 'Please, worry me as much as you want. Just don't get hurt again.'

The sensation, the idea of Annie January cuddled up to you was enough to make you beam rays of joy through the pain in your head. Her touch soothed all your aches, prickles rose in your skin each time she held your face to kiss you until you finally drifted off.

'I love you too much to loose you, (Y/N).'

a/n hello I'm sorry this took so long I promise I'm trying lol

requests are semi-open again although I have two pending so the actual imagines will be slow updating

Good to be back x

-jules <3