valentines day / black noir x reader

Request by @Lowkeyinacoffin I'm so sorry this took so long!

You nervously tap your feet in the elevator as it shoots up the Vought tower, eyes fixed to the heart-shaped decorations on the walls. You dreaded coming into work today - it was February 14th and you were single as fuck. Now, Ashley was probably going to bombard you with stories about her exes and force gin down your throat.

You nervously tuck a few stray strands of hair out of you face and keep your head down as you rush down the hall, straight past The Seven's meeting room. Your office is thankfully empty - but in more than one sense.

"What the fuck is this?" You sigh as you approach all your equipment and your plant pot (it's name is Barry) all boxed up on your desk. Not that it was the time or place, but you were also a little disappointed to see that there were no cards there, either.

Fired on Valentine's Day.

Could today get any more depressing?

You pick up the heavy cardboard box and began the walk of shame, feeling your heart literally sink as you make it into the hall.

"(Y/N)! Wait there!"

You groan at the sound of Ashley rushing towards you.

"Where are you going?" She quizzes, eyes wide which worsened her constantly irritating expression.

"I got fired. Fuck off." You growl and turn to the elevator.

"No, Sweetie, no, no, no," Ashley blocks your path and smiles. "You're not fired, (Y/N), you're getting moved."

"Moved out of the building?" You guess - she loves being bitchy so you assume it's just another sly trick.

"No, me and you get another office. It's gorgeous." She marvels and leads you by the elbow past the meeting room.

You curiously peek through the doors as you're dragged past and instantly blush as you (supposedly) meet eyes with Black Noir sitting at his place at The Seven desk. He's all by himself, just sat there. You'd probably be nervous if any of the supes saw you but there was something about Noir - something so intriguing.

As Ashley opens the door, you can't help but gasp. She was right. The office is beautiful.

You spend most of the morning moving in, chatting with Ashley and silently gushing over your Black Noir encounter.

After a lunch of sundried tomato and mozzarella panini's, you still find your stomach gurgling and rest your feet on the desk, trying to remember where you hid a packet of juicy fruits. You check the bottom of your folders and pencil case, but only find wood shavings and led dust.

"Ashley, what are you eating?" You sigh and look up, hoping you can scran whatever she's tucking into.

"Almond Joy." She responds nonchalantly, engrossed in stalking a guy she met at a bar last night on Instagram.

You audibly gag and look away. An Almond Joy? Those things are so fucking dry and disgusting! You groan and search around your desk more desperately for something to eat.

You pull out the bottom drawer, which you forgot you hadn't filled yet, and let out a small gasp at what lies inside. Pink card, cursive calligraphy, and a... childish scribble drawing? No, it can't be for you, this must be a mistake.

"Who had this room before?" You ask aloud, reaching in to pick up the card.

"No one for a few months, they just finished renovation a few days ago." Ashley responds indifferently.

"And you didn't tell me?"

"I wanted it to be a nice surprise!"

You ignore her rambling about 'men in general' and curiously unfold the card.

'Dearest Y/N,'

You let out a small squeal and clamp a hand over your mouth,

'Be my Valentine,

Black Noir.'

Your cheeks instantly burn up as you go back to thinking about your small staring contest in the hall. He was waiting for you to read it. You could never dream of being with one of The Seven but if it were true, you picked Noir, himself.

Homelander was more like a sinister Father figure, The Deep was a dickwad, Lamplighter was just creepy and A-Train already had a girlfriend. Charlotte. You'd been out for coffee with Popclaw before but she was a total bitch.

His silence was somewhat endearing - he was the epitome of that 'tall, dark mystery' that the women on dating shows thirsted over. It was kinda goddamn hot.

(time skip to your next break at work)

You stood in the bathroom mirror, brushing your hair out of your face and trying to tie it up with a homemade black scrunchie. Your crafty sister had made it for you because the only colours in your wardrobe were shades of black and grey. Strictly, you shouldn't be using this bathroom because you're an assistant, not a supe. But you're alone in there anyway.

Out of the corner of your eye, you sense the tiniest bit of movement and squint at the mirror. Your heart leaps in your chest at the sight of the dented helmet and woolly mask.

Noir freezes as soon as you turn around and rest your hands either side of you on the sink block.

"Hey." You say softly.

He tilts his head the tiniest bit, almost as if he's looking you up and down. A nod soon follows, like some sort of shy greeting.

"The card was pretty." You murmur, edging towards him. He grabs your upper arm swiftly, but softly, and your knees turn numb. "I accept - on one condition." You smirk. His thumb smooths over your shoulder, prompting you to chuckle, "I know it's a bit late but... would you be my valentine?" The words made you cringe - or maybe it was just you uncontrollably melting into his arms.

His hand moved to your jawline, and you bit at your lip, reaching for his mask. You couldn't believe how physically close you were to him. Somehow, it didn't feel dangerous. It felt safe. His other hand clasped your wrist and you paused, wondering whether you should've attempted to remove the wool in the way or not.

Noir's grip suddenly softened, allowing you to tug at the mask, eventually pushing it up past his mouth. His skin was rough, it almost had the appearance of burned. But the small hiss that escaped his lips made your legs weaken to such an extent you practically leaned against him.

He bowed his head a little, saving you from standing on your tip toes. You leaned to his face and brushed your lips against the side of his mouth, placing a gentle kiss to his skin. You pulled away after a second, just in time to see him silently mouth, "Y/n."