14.

Max Dillon. That was the name the Electro guy used last night. Someone who sounded familiar, though I couldn't exactly put a finger on it. I swear I heard that name in Oscorp before. He was a someone everybody called a nobody, a man who secretly begged people to pay attention to him. No one ever did. He was worked too much even on his birthday because everyone knew they could take advantage of him.

I strolled down the hallways of Oscorp with my badge and a fancy out. With everything that went down, I was raised to the desks with everyone else after figuring out the antidote for Dr. Connors. I was proud, but this might just get me fired.

I sat down, typing away in the search bar. No one came up. No Max, no last name Dillon. Nothing. If it could get any weirder, my search was blocked. I furrowed, concerned about the cover up. I knew this man worked here. I saw him once.

I heard talking. Looking to my right, I saw them pointing at me. Meaning they were looking at my screen, most likely the people who blocked my search. I wasted no time in standing up and swiftly rounding each corner.

I stumbled, tripping on my own foot. I felt two hands grab me, two hands that belonged to Peter. "Are you okay?"

I grabbed ahold of his jacket sleeve and shoved him in the closet. I pecked through the small holes in the door to make sure the guards kept moving before dumping all this information onto him.

"Oh?" He smirked playfully, placing a hand on my waist.

"Shh." I put a finger to his lips, letting out a sigh of relief.

"You're in trouble." He smirked wider at the realization.

"They're covering it up. You know the guy from last night? His name is Max Dillon. He was an electrical engineer here. I swear I saw him in the hallway. He said hi to me, was shocked I remembered his name." I tried to sum up anything else I could remember about him. All I remember was I was in a rush and he was getting scolded by his boss. "He's erased. There was an accident in the electrical lab and now they're covering it up. There's nothing that comes up about him when I searched up his name." He waited for more, but there was nothing more. "Oh, and he loved Spiderman. He made sure to let me know."

"I didn't get that vibe. I got more of a "want to kill me with his electricity" vibe."

"Okay, well why are you here?" I wondered, remembering all his text messages I wasn't able to read.

"Harry Osborn. He's dying. He thinks that the only thing to save his life is my blood. Spider-Man's blood. For all I know that could kill him." He whispered.

"Or worse." I reffered to Dr. Connors.

I still heard arguing going around about my disappearance. I was shocked no one opened this maintenance closet yet, apparently the most cliche hiding spots according to Peter. "So sorry this isn't the Bahamas, Peter."

"Listen, let's just get us out of here." He said. "I'll make up a plan. Just get to the elevator."

I opened the door and rapidly walked to the elevator. Peter spilt coffee on the first man, tripped the next. I didn't know what happened after that. Nevertheless it worked and I was now safely in the elevator.

"Makayla Jennings?"

I jumped, letting out a small scream, almost dropping my bag. I spun around seeing Harry Osborn standing in the corner of the elevator.

"I'm so sorry." He apologized.

His bright blue eyes were burning into mine. His hair was nicely combed to the front of his face. He wore a fancy coat and a scarf that matched it to keep him warm. I wasn't shocked his father left him the whole Oscorp company based on the way he dressed and looked well kept.