13.

Peter sat across from me with his head hung low. I kept my hands on my hips like a scolding mother would, except I wasn't scolding him. I was still processing everything that happened tonight including our night getting interrupted by a human battery.

Peter sat on the edge of my bed as I paced around the room. He was still in his suit and was in need of some cleaning up. But both us were speechless.

"Are you mad?" Peter spoke up for the first time since we got back to my place.

"That's a stupid question." I laughed under my breath. "No, I'm not mad."

He nodded his head. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault." I rubbed his back before finally grabbing the medical supplies.

He undressed himself until he was only in his boxers. He sat down in my chair and let me fix up his cuts even if he'd self heal by tomorrow. He would remind me, but I'd still insist on helping. Eventually he gave up. They weren't any major injuries because most were already healed, just minor cuts around his body.

"I told him he was my eyes and ears." Peter repeated his promise to his so called friend Max. "He thought I set him up."

"He didn't know what was going on." I justified.

"That makes it all worse." He leaned his head back, closing his tired eyes.

"You still have time to help him." I patched up a cut on his arm, putting a tiny hello Kitty bandaid on it.

He smiled lightly at the bad aid. "Hello Kitty?"

"They were the only pack they had left." I patted his shoulder, throwing out the trash. "Go take a shower."

Peter did as I said, slipping across the hall quietly to take a shower. I cleaned up my room and shoved any extra clothes into my closet just to push my mind away from tonight. I felt bad for Max because if you knew him you'd know he didn't do this on purpose. But that's the problem, no one cared to pay attention to him.

I pulled on my pajamas and fixed my hair in the mirror. Peter entered my room half naked with only a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Sorry! Sorry." Peter whispered, closing the door again. "I left my clothes in here."

"Okay." I chuckled.

He dug through his bag to pick out extra clothes he brings almost everywhere with him. He locked the door to avoid any close cases with my mom and slipped on a pair of sweats and a shirt.

"Oh, I have something for you." He said. He pulled out a small box from his bag. "An apology."

I stood up and knelt down beside him. He handed me the box and waited anxiously for my reaction. I opened it to find a beautiful necklace that had constellations carved into the pendant at the end.

"The stars from the night we had our first kiss." He informed shyly, scratching the back of his neck.

"Holy shit." I ran my finger over the carving. "Peter-"

"It's my apology to you. For constantly ditching you to fight crime, for making you stay up all night until you know I'm at home because I'm insane, for the 2 weeks I went crazy, for ruining your graduation dinner with your friends. Aunt May helped me pick it out because I know nothing about this stuff, but I really hope you like it, and-"

"Peter. You didn't ruin anything." I cut him off. "I love it."

He smiled, letting out a breath of relief. "Okay, good."

"Help me put it on." I jumped up, running over to the mirror.

Peter stood behind me, placing the necklace around my neck. It took him a moment to clip it, but he figured it out and inspected it on me for a moment.