{Vampires}

"What'd you do, rob an ice cream truck or something?" Ethan asked as him and Benny set down all sorts of snacks on the table. "More like a candy store." I chimed in, picking up a cherry Twizzler and taking a bite out of it. "Tomorrow, we officially join the highschool brotherhood. We are men." Benny said as the two boys sat down at the table. I cleared my throat and looked over to Benny, raising a brow at him. "A-And woman! We are men and women now, so we must mark the moment." He corrected himself. I laughed lightly and continued to snack on the treats lying on the table.

"Let's make it a Sunday to end all Sundays." Ethan said, rubbing his hands together. I spotted a bag of marshmallows on the table and smiled. "Hey, Ethan, trip down memory lane?" I asked as I picked up the bag and tossed it to him. He caught it and as soon as he realized what they were, his face lit up.

"Remember, in 5th grade you fit 176 of these in your mouth?" Ethan asked, looking over to Benny. As the boys began to argue over the amount of marshmallows they could store in their mouths, I began to space out.

I was a little worried about high school. I mean, what if I didn't fit in? What if people didn't like me, or they make fun of me. So many things could happen, it's all so unpredictable.

A sudden muffled banging noise drew me out of my trance. I looked over to Ethan's little sister, Jane, and she looked over to me. "Hey, do you guys hear that?" She asked. I looked back to the boys, who were too busy stuffing their faces to care. "Let's go check it out." I said, standing up and walking over to her.

Listen, I watch too many scary movies to let her go outside by herself. And I always keep my pocket knife on me, just for safety. Jane stood up, carrying her stuffed bunny in her hands. She looked to the bunny and shook her head. "Teenage boys really are dumb." She rolled her eyes, smiling up at me. "Amen to that." I laughed. We walked outside and towards where the sound was coming from.

We turned the corner of the house to find some pudgy looking kid swinging at tennis balls with a hockey stick. He had ginger hair that was extremely curly, and was wearing dark clothes. The tennis balls kept hitting the garage outside, so the noise mystery was solved.

"What are you doing?" Jane asked in an annoyed tone. The stranger looked at us and scoffed. "What does it look like I'm doing?" He asked, swinging another tennis ball at the garage door.

"Trespassing, actually." I replied, placing my hands on my hips. The boy looked me up and down, then smiled, unimpressed. "Why don't you both make like an egg and beat it?" He asked. Before I could say anything, Jane spoke up. "I'm going to tell my big brother." Jane said. I face palmed, sighing deeply as I rubbed my eyes.

"Really? I'm so scared!" He exclaimed sarcastically. I balled up my fists slightly. "I've seen your brother. He might be older, but he's not big." He said. "Okay, listen up Gingerbread. You're either gonna leave, or I'm gonna remove you myself." I said, crossing my arms.

"Is that so?" The boy asked with a snarky smile. He then plucked Jane's bunny out of her hands and tossed it onto the ground. "Fetch." He said as he swung the stick and sent the bunny doll flying towards the garage door. "Abbey!" Jane shouted, running to retrieve her stuffed friend.

"What's your problem, huh?! Just screw off, grease ball!" I glared, shoving into a tree in Ethan's yard, running over to help Jane find her toy.

We quickly found it, yet as I turned around, I saw the douche get swooped up into the tree. I stood, frozen in shock. Jane noticed my face and looked to where the boy had been, only to see a hockey stick fall over from it's standing position. I pull Jane closer to me, taking a step back. "Stay behind me, Jane.."

Suddenly, the boys sneaker dropped from the tree and right in front of us. Jane screamed just as a car pulled up quickly. Mrs Morgan hopped out of the car and ran over to us. I looked up in the tree, but saw nothing but darkness. "Honey? Y/n? What's wrong, are you hurt?!" She asked as she ran over to us. "T-There was a kid! He was grabbed and pulled into the tree and-" I was interrupted by Mrs Morgan grabbing my face, placing a hand on my forehead.