{Vampire Friends}

"Y/n, wake up. We're gonna be late for school." A soft voice says. My eyes flutter open and I look at an already dressed Benny infront of me. I sat up quickly and looked at the window. It was bright enough outside for me to actually believe that we were gonna be late. "Wait, really? Why didn't you wake me up?!" I asked as I hopped out of bed and rushed out of the room. I heard Benny laughing behind me, and I stopped in my tracks. "This is funny??" I asked. "I was kidding. We have like, an hour until we gotta go." He said, covering his mischievous smile.

I sighed and glared at him. "I uh.. I made you a bowl of cereal downstairs if you wanna eat that, then we can walk to your house and you can get ready." He smiled. "You're playing a dangerous game, Benjamin. You're lucky I dont throw you." I said, smiling too. His goofy grins were always contagious. I walked downstairs and quickly ate, then I slipped on my shoes and Benny grabbed his bookbag. We walked out of the door and began walking down the street when my phone buzzed.

I looked at my messages and saw that Ethan had texted me. I read his message as I kept walking.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ethanator:
What were you doing at Benny's house this early in the morning?

Me:
Stalker much? I stayed the night. Why were you creeping around, anyways?

Ethanator:
I saw you guys walk out of his house when I was taking out the trash...

Me:
You're so nosy 🙄🙄 Meet us at my house when you're done with whatever so we can walk to school.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We walked up to my house and I unlocked the door, walking into the empty house and setting down my keys on the coffee table. "I'll be quick, Ethan should be on his way!" I said as I walked up the stairs, going into my room and shutting the door behind me

I picked out the clothes I would wear for the day and I quickly slipped them on, heading into the bathroom across the hall. I brushed my teeth and fixed my messy hair, then I walked back to my room and grabbed my school stuff, walking downstairs.

When I came back to the living room, I saw Ethan and Benny sitting on the couch whispering to each other. They hadn't noticed me yet. I cleared my throat and they whipped their heads towards me.

"What are we gossiping about, girls?" I asked. "U-Uh, nothing! Let's go." Benny said as he stood up and headed for the door. I raised a brow, looking towards Ethan. He smiled nervously with a shrug, and I immediately knew they weren't telling me something. I wondered what they were talking about, but with about 30 minutes before school started, I figured I didn't have the time to "wonder".

~

We made it to school about 5 minutes before class started. "I've gotta use the bathroom, I'll see you guys later." Benny said as he shot finger guns at us, walking off. "Hey, by any chance, do you like Benny?" Ethan asked. I felt my heart fall into my stomach, and I turned towards him. "It's that obvious? God.. Please don't tell him." I pleaded. "Okay, okay. I won't tell him. I just figured that you were totally crushing. It's not that hard to tell." He said. "What do you mean its obvious? You're telling me you knew?!" I whispered, keeping my voice down.

"Hey, I'm not judging! You guys would make a cute couple though." He said, seemingly trying to comfort me in a way, or get an angle to the conversation. "Why does everyone keep saying that?" I asked. "Because it's true. Besides, he's totally into you." Ethan smiled. "Yeah, definitely not." I shook my head.

"Come on! Just ask him out already, you've had a crush on him for years." Ethan groaned. "Wha- How do you know that?" I asked, furrowing my brows. He rolled his eyes, "It's so obvious!"