{Battle of the Dusk}

We pulled up to the theater, the cars engine rumbling to a stop. There was a long line of people who were waiting for the premiere, and I couldn't help but feel anxious. I mean, we're a group of 14 years olds, plus a vampire chick. How were we supposed to defeat an entire clan of these undead creeps?

"This is it. Erica and I waited a whole year for this advance screening." Sarah said as she reminisced about how things used to be. "Wow.. That's really lame." Benny chimed in. I lightly elbowed him. "Juts read your magic book, dork." Sarah said, rolling her eyes. "The bouncer looks like one of them." Ethan said. "He's probably gonna recognize us.. How are we supposed to get in?" I asked. "It's okay, I think I know another way in." Sarah said as she opened the door and stepped out.

We got out of the car and grabbed the duffel bag of supplies, walling around the building to a back entrance. Once we arrived at the door, we noticed that it was chained shut. Ethan tried removing the chains with a few tugs, but to no avail.

Sarah sighed and walked up to the door. "Allow me." Shs said, pulling the chains of of the door and yanking it open. "Alright, let's get this show on the road." I said as we walked inside. Benny cleared his throat and wr looked back at him. He had his book open and he had been reading through some spells. "Uh, if I'm reading this correctly, apparently there's a spell here that just makes all the vampires vanish." He said. Ethan smiled excitedly.

"It could be risky though, we don't know what it will do to Sarah." I said. "Don't worry about me, I'm still a fledgling, remember?" She reminded me. She gave Benny a nod and he started to read. "Right, uh.. Fera bat sententium neophoetus-" He was cut short when the book suddenly vanished from his hands. Ethan groaned in frustration and Benny looked around, completely confused.

~

I stood at the concessions booth with Benny, waiting for a text from Ethan. "Can I get you two anything?" A worker asked. "No, I, uh.. Yeah, we'll take a bag. Get us an extra large jumbo bucket of popcorn with extra salt, extra butter, and extra popcorn. Life's short, right?" He smiled. She turned away to get the popcorn and I sighed. "I really hope Ethan's plan works, or else there's no telling what would happen." I said. Benny's phone rang and he nudged me gently, holding his phone to where we could both see the text.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ethan:
Holy water patched in. Plan B ready.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Benny put his phone back in his pocket and we walked up to the entrance for the screening. I watched as a girl walked onto stage and said something that I couldn't hear due to the distance. Jesse grabbed her shoulders, unsheathed his fangs, and dug into her neck. My eyes widened, and I grabbed onto to Benny's hand, the horror of the situation hitting me like a brick wall. He gave my hand a gentle squeeze and we watched intently, both of us panicking slightly.

Jesse took out a familiar ancient box and he opened the lid. A shining blue hue emitted from the girl's body, and a thick vapor looking cloud raised from her chest, creeping into the box. "Fire! There's a fire!" I heard Ethan scream. I looked in the direction of his voice and I saw him at one of the side entrances. The crowd stood up and began to scramble out of the screening room, but soon did the vampires take charge. They lunged at multiple guests, dragging their victims onto the stage and draining them of both their blood and their souls.

I made eye contact with one of them and he began running towards us. "Run!" I shouted, dragging Benny along with me as we charged back over to the concessions booth. The worker looked terrified as she watched people get grabbed left and right. Benny grabbed two straws and held them up in a cross, as if that would do anything. "Quick! Plug this in!" I exclaimed, handing her the tanning bed light.

She plugged it into an outlet using the long extension cord we brought along, and I grabbed it, tossing it to Benny. He caught it successfully and held off the vamps who were now trying to surround us. There were only two of them, so I figured they would be easy to take. I grabbed a water gun and held it up, looking for where the second one went. I heard the worker scream and I whipped around to find the vampire getting closer to her.

I blasted the vamp in the face with the gun and he shrieked, sinking to the ground. "Go! Run! Get out of here!" I said. She nodded and ran as fast as she could towards the exit. "We have to go help Ethan and Sarah!" I said as I ran into the screening room, Benny following close behind me. "Come on! Let's get backstage!" I shouted through all the screams and shrieks of the audience.

Once we were backstage, I saw Gordy standing infront of Sarah, threatening her. "Freedom!" Benny yelled as he ran up behind the vampire. Gordy held up his fist, causing Benny to faceplate right into it. Benny fell backwards, unconscious. "Benny!" I shouted as I ran over and held up my gun. The vampire turned to look at me, and he smirked. "A brave geek is still a geek, and a girl like you would make a special vampire." He said. I held the water gun up to his face, still a few feet away from him. "Ill take that." A unfamiliar voice said from behind me as I was pushed forward.

I landed on my side, lying next to Benny. I sat up and looked for the gun, only to find it had been kicked away by another vampire. Two blonde vamps now accompanied Gordy. He laughed and shook his head, turning back to Sarah. I scooted over and pulled Benny's head into my lap, gently tapping his face with the palm of my hand. "Benny, come on, wake up." I said as he groaned lightly.

Ethan came out of nowhere and stood infront of Sarah, holding out one of the ancient knives defensively. "Stop right there! I mean it!" He said, furrowing his brows. "Oh yeah? Or what?" Gordy asked in a cocky tone. "Or.. This!" Ethan exclaimed as he threw the knife behind Gordy, planting it right into the vampire that knocked me down. The vampire screamed as she was engulfed in a white light. She was gone within a flash, nothing left but the knife on the ground.

"Okay.. now you're all dead." Gordy said, stepping towards Ethan and Sarah. "Stand back! Behold.. the flame of invincibility." Ethan said as he took out his lighter and waved it in front of him. The curly haired vampire laughed and looked to his remaining undead buddy, the two of them sharing a smug look. "You know we're not actually afraid of fire, right? You should have done some research or something." Gordy said.

"Oh, trust me, we did plenty of research. Ethan, sprinklers!" I shouted. He tossed the lighter up into the air and luckily, it passed right under a sprinkler. Ethan took off his jacket and covered Sarah with it right before the system activated. Once the water started pouring down, Ethan took Sarah and hurried her along. I looked to Gordy, who had a furious look on his face. Both he and the other vamp squealed as they disintegrated under the holy water's influence.

Ethan helped me get Benny to his feet, and we left the building. "Tell grandma.. to answer the phone.." Benny said drowslily. "Hold on B, stay with me." Ethan said, hobbling to the car with his arms under Benny. He leaned Benny against the car, and luckily, Benny was able to stand on his own. "Come on, hurry! The eclipse is in eight minutes and we have to find Jesse." Ethan said, walking Iverson to Sarah.

Sarah was leaned on a parking meter, and she didn't look too good. "Sarah, what's wrong?" I asked. "I'm too weak, and the hunger is getting stronger. Take the car, go without me." She said, handing Ethan the keys. "You have to come with us! We have to stop Jesse and-" Ethan was cut short by Sarah's distorted, angry voice. "Just go, now!" She said, looking up at us with piercing yellow eyes. "Come on Ethan, we have to go. Stay safe Sarah." I said, running back over to the car.

I opened the back door and I helped Benny walk over. He slid into the backseat and laid down. I shut the car door, running to the passengers side as Ethan got in. We buckled our seatbelts and soon enough, we were soaring down the road, on our way to stop Jesse.

A/N: Hey! So sorry this took so long. I've got a lot more free time now, so I'll be able to write more often. Anyways, I'll be finishing up the movie section pretty soon, so stay tuned! Keep hydrated! -Alanna🫂