{Target Practice}

The next day at school, we were talking about what had happened. Apparently, Rory had visited Ethan last night, and Sarah did the same. They managed to convince Rory to be their inside source.

"Great.. so we've got that all worked out?" I asked. Ethan confirmed my question and I nodded. A group of students walked in through the glass doors, dressed in dark colors. Obviosuly, the dark contrast caught my attention, and I turned my head towards the group walking inside. Ethan, Benny, and Sarah did the same. I immediately noticed three faces. Erica, the curly haired vampire who I found out was named Gordy, and Jesse.

The three familiar vampires walked over to Sarah and Erica spoke up. "Hey Sarah. What's wrong? You're looking a little under-fed." She said. Sarah looked her up and down in disbelief. Erica was a completely different person, she wasn't geeky anymore. She was wearing purple glittery eyeshadow with heavy eyeliner. She was wearing a bit of mascara, and had also applied a bold red lipstick to her lips.

"What happened to you?" Sarah asked. "Oh, you know, like, the best thing ever. It's not too late, join us. Then we can be best friends forever." Erica tried convincing her. "Never." Sarah rolled her eyes. "You're making the biggest mistake of your life. Well.. what's left of it." Jesse added.

I scoffed and he looked at me. He shot me a look that I couldn't quite decipher. "Isn't that cute? I think she still has a thing for you." Erica teased, stroking Jesse's hair. "I've got something for both of you. It's sharp, and it's made of wood." Sarah spat. Jesse chuckled and looked down at Sarah with a look of amusement. "Sarah, you've been replaced." He said as he turned to Erica. The blonde and the ravenette shared a steamy kiss, which I looked away from until it was over.

Sarah looked away as well, but not in disgust. She looked as if she had been betrayed, used, and I felt bad. My annoyance grew with every snide word that came from their mouths.

"Oh, you're still coming to the Dusk premiere though, right, BFF?" Erica asked. Sarah turned her head and began walking away, with us following behind her. Before turning a corner, I looked to Jesse and glared at him. He was taken aback by the sudden change of emotion, but that didn't stop him from handing me a smirk in response.

~

I decided that instead of going to class, I would go to the library and mess around instead. I sat on my computer and pulled out a hard drive that I had found on my window sill that morning. Apparently Ethan got one too and it was from Rory. I plugged it into my computer and the video loaded up. "Hey Y/n, I think I found the book you're looking for." Rory says as he flips the camera around to reveal some pages.

He then started reading from the page, reciting the words. "An angel's nest shall seed the earth, soul for soul, the black army's rebirth. Beneath a swallowed moon the dead take route, the barren orchard bears the devil's fruit." He read. He continued on about how he was gonna make a death metal song about this, but I didn't listen. I pieced together the parts of the prophecy in my head.

"The nest is the Cubile Animus, it was found underneath the angel statue in the graveyard. The box was buried, so I gues that covers the seed part. The black army must be the large amount of vampires here in Whitechapel.. but what about the swallowed moon?" I asked myself, keeping my voice down. I like to collect my thoughts aloud sometimes, just so I can keep track of things.

I opened another tab and looked up the upcoming events that involve the moon, and low and behold. "The lunar eclipse! I should have known." I whisper to myself as I lean back in my chair. I thought about what we had overheard the night of the party and I replayed the words in my head. I then thought back to what happened this morning and it clicked. "THE DUSK THREE SCREENING!" I exclaimed rather loudly. A few people looked over to me as I froze up. "S-Sorry! Just, really excited for the movie tonight.." I said, closing my computer and gathering my things, immediately leaving the library.

As I walked into the hallway, I saw Ethan and Benny sitting on the floor. I walked over and plopped down beside them. "Okay, so, I figured it all out. The screening tonight is gonna have a bunch of people attending, right? What did we hear at Jesse's Party? 219 souls. What was in that creepy book that Rory showed us, 'soul for soul'. That means-" Ethan cut me off. "The black army is referring to the Vampires and a bunch of people are gonna get eaten tonight?" Ethan replied.

I smiled and ruffled his hair. "Great minds think alike." I said as he smiled. "Still, we have to do something. Or else, whitechapel is probably gonna become dead-chapel." Ethan said. Benny groaned and "Hey! What did I miss?" Sarah asked as she walked over.

"The absolute worst news yet.." Benny whined. "We have to go see Dusk Three.." Ethan cringed.

~

As we began out preparations for training, we decided it would be a good idea to pick off the wooden spikes from the old fencing in Ethan's backyard. Benny aimed the hammer and swung, but missed. He hit Ethams thumb and Ethan yelped, pulling his hand away. Sarah shook her head and walked over, pulling the spikes off one by one. Once she was done, we all had two spikes each. It was time for training.

We walked over to the area that Benny had set up, and I stiffled a laugh upon seeing the 'Vampire' he made. It was a simple scarecrow with a mop for its hair and a pair of sunglasses taped onto it. He had covered it all with one of his old hoodies. "That's what you came up with?" I asked. "It's all I had!" He defended. I shook my head with a grin and we played a match of rock paper scissors to see who was going to go first. After that was done, we had our order. First was Ethan, then Benny, then me.

Ethan took his turn running towards the scarecrow, but tripped over the first obstacle. He groaned and laid on the grass. I laughed and doubled over, falling down as well. He tried again and he managed to jump over the rectangle hay bale this time, successfully hitting the scarecrow after doing a spin to try and show off.

Next was Benny. He across the path of the scarecrow, smaking it with the wooden spike. "What was that? A drive by?" I asked, walking up to the course. I jumped over the obstacle and rolled across the ground, hopping backwards up and stabbing the target in the lower stomach. Sarah clapped her hands and I smiled, walking back to my position.

Next up, we used Ethan's modded nerf guns to shoot the target. And by modded, I mean that Ethan cut the soft tips off of each of the bullets and pushed sharp pencils through the center to make deadly darts. We messed around with the guns for a bit, trying to make sure that they worked correctly.

Ethan and Benny went off to go raid the nearby church for every drop of holy water they could find.

Meanwhile, Sarah and I stayed behind. I tried to practice using my powers to pick up the darts. "So, you and Benny, huh?" Sarah asked. I turned to her, my face heating up. "What? N-No, we aren't together. I mean, we're just friends." I replied as I looked at the ground, trying to avoid eye contact. She chuckled. "Why aren't you guys together? You both like each other, and you two so awkward that it hurts." She complained.

"I mean yeah, I've liked him for a while, but he doesn't even see me. He looks right over my head, and his eyes go straight to other girls. I'm nowhere on the roster. We're just Best Friends." I said, feeling a slight pang in my heart as I thought about how I was nothing in his eyes. I have to admit, it hurt a little to see him ignore me. But, again, those feelings are not for me to feel. I'm not with him, so I shouldn't feel this way.. right?

"You're kidding me, right? He's so into you! I don't know why he talks about other girls, but he's totally falling for you!" Sarah exclaimed. I shrugged my shoulders and let out a quick sigh. "I don't know anymore." I said as I sat down on a hay bale. I rested my head in my hands and looked at the scarecrow. "You know, if you would have told me that a group of 14 year Olds and a fledgling were going to help us take down an evil clan of evil vanpires, I would have told you it was a great idea for a movie." I said with a smile.

The boys ran back into the yard with two large gas tanks full of Holy water. Sarah and I poured the water I to water guns that Ethan had stowed away since last summer. She used gloves while I poured it normally. We had about four guns filled up and most of the water was gone. The rest was put to use with my smarts. And by that, I mean I just made water balloons out of it. This battle was gonna be difficult, so we had to use all the help we could get.