{Even More Vampires}

I began to grow tired and I started to slow down by a lot. Same with Ethan and Benny. Their heavy panting was very noticeable, signalling that they wouldn't be able to keep going for much longer.

"Remember Halo level three? The battle plan I sent you guys, evasive maneuvers!" Benny shouted. "Alpha phi strike delta six, engage!" Benny shouted as he began to act out his gaming strategy. He tripped over his own feet and rolled over a giant potted plant, rolling onto the ground with a thud. "Benny!" I exclaimed, running over to him with Ethan trailing behind me.

"You missed.. the pattern." Benny groaned. I helped him up and he dusted himself off. "What's your problem?" Sarah's voice rang from behind us. The three of us screamed from her sudden appearance, turning to face the fledgeling.

"Just, hold on! If you eat us.. that would be so not cool." Ethan said, sticking his hand out in front of him as if it would do anything to stop her. Sarah rolled her eyes and smiled at his stupidity. "If I wanted to eat you, I would have done it by now." She said. "See? She's going to eat us! We're doomed!" Benny cried out. I wacked him in the chest with the back of my hand, getting him to stop screaming. "Stop yelling and listen!"

"I just want to talk to you guys!" She said, trying to reason. The boys were way too riled up to listen. Ethan grabbed two nearby stick and stuck them in the form of a cross. "Demon of the night, be gone!" He shouted. I grabbed the sticks and bonked him on the head. "Ow!" He exclaimed as he rubbed his head.

"Listen to her! I don't think she's gonna hurt us." I said, somehow managing to get the two of them to stop yapping their mouths. "Whatever you saw, it's not what it looks like." She said, trying to reassure the boys. "You're a freakin' vampire who eats animals and drinks their blood!" Ethan exclaimed. "Dude! It's better than humans, right?" I asked. Benny and Ethan paused for a second, then nodded, finally ready to hear her out.

"I'm just a normal girl. Or, I was, until I got bit by my crummy ex boyfriend. Technically, I'm still a fledgling until I drink human blood. And I don't want to do that, so.. I have to figure out how to stop this thing before my mortal body dies or at least stop it from happening to more people like Erica." Sarah said, a slight hint of distress in her voice.

A sudden growl was heard in the distance. "Come on, let's get out of here. I'm not the only one feeding tonight. I'll get you guys home, and if I'm lucky, I'll find Erica before it's too late." She said as she began walking. I walked next to her and she looked at me.

"Thanks for sticking up for me." She said. "I could tell by your body language that you were stressed, but not hostile. Also, I think everyone deserves a chance, because you never quite know what someone is going through." I said. She smiled and looked to the ground, seemingly happy with my response.

After a few minutes of walking, we arrived at the house. We walked in through the back door and entered the living room to find Benny's Grandma asleep and Jane eating ice cream while watching TV. "About time." Jane said, hopping up and walking over to us. "I was so bored. Grandma fell asleep five songs ago and she has, like, zero boom-boom-pow." Jane complained. "Can we please play now?" Jane asked, walking up to Sarah and I.

"Sorry, I've gotta go. Just be careful, okay? And don't tell anyone about.. you know." Sarah said. "We won't. We don't roll like that." I said, reassuring her. "And.. nobody believes anything Benny says anyways." Ethan chimed in. "I'm serious. Whatever you do, do not invite a vampire into your house. It's your only safe haven." Sarah warned. "Got it, thanks." Ethan thanked.

Sarah walked out the back door and a few seconds later, the doorbell rang. "Oh man, the pizza dude is so late. Bonus!" Benny exclaimed. "I am so hungry right now, pizza sounds amazing." I said as I followed Benny to the door. Ethan and Jane walked over, ready to eat.