Chapter 5: Prank Wars

Red Velvet's Pov:
"You mean to tell me, you woke me up up at 4:00 in the morning TO GO SHOPPING?" Licorice complained. Beeping sounds could be heard quietly in the background, mixed with the sounds of a few crying children. Licorice Cookie pushed the cart as a small mushroom like cookie poked their head out every so often, only to put random unnecessary items in the cart. "Mushroom, put that back! We don't need these!" Licorice scolded. "You never know when the house needs cleaning..." Poison Mushroom shrugged. "THESE ARE RUBBER DUCKS? WHAT DO YOU MEAN CLEANING?" Licorice took the ducks out and put them on a random shelf. "But it gets so boring when you and Pomegranate are cleaning...."

Red Velvet suddenly came to a halt, getting hit by the shopping cart seconds later. "OW- Do you mind?!" "Oh, I'm so sorry, your royal highness." Licorice replied sarcastically. Red Velvet didn't respond, deep in thought. "Nono, that would work...." "...My initial plan was... " "WAIT. I'VE GOT IT." Red Velvet snapped his claw, an idea popping into his head. WHAT DOES PASTRY HATE THE MOST?" Licorice Cookie and Poison Mushroom Cookie looked at each other, and then back at Red Velvet. "You think we know anything about her? You're the obsessed one!" Licorice Cookie cackled. "Yeah, yeah, laugh it up. Anyway, I was thinking of sneaking into her house and stealing that fork of hers, temporarily of course." Licorice Cookie immediately stopped laughing and slowly turned to Red Velvet. "You're planning to commit home invasion?" Red Velvet smiled dumbly. "And....on top of that....burglary? Red Velvet's smile didn't falter, and he looked around. "Look, I know how it sounds but—" "You moron. That is a literal crime, and in case you have forgotten, the entire kingdom hates us."

"Yes, but hear me out—" Red Velvet started. "Absolutely not." Licorice crossed his arms. "Coward." Red Velvet rolled his eyes. "Haha, coward," Poison Mushroom teased him as well. Licorice Cookie turned to them, looking thoroughly offended. "COWARD? I'm no coward, and I'll prove you both wrong!"

Red Velvet smirked, knowing he had won him over. "Great, but first, I'd like to buy a few more things, I don't plan on this being my first and last prank." Red Velvet began walking down the isle, Licorice pushing the cart after him.

-

"Almost there, I can almost reach the window! Red Velvet grunted, extending his claw arm as far as it could go. "Stop wobbling, it's making me nervous." Red Velvet said. "It's not my fault we're balancing on a literal mushroom, I can't possibly be more still." Licorice replied. "Got it!" Red Velvet said. He carefully pushed the window up, throwing himself into the house. He breathed heavily from the exercise before observing his surroundings. "I'm going to go find the fork guys, I'll be back." Red Velvet carefully opened the door and walked around the house. After a few minutes, he found Pastry's room, and right beside her was her prized possession: the fork.

Red Velvet smiled as if feeling accomplished, and quietly tiptoed over to the fork. He looked over at Pastry to make sure she was still asleep. While he wasn't paying attention, he accidentally knocked the weapon off the nightstand and immediately stiffened. "OH NO OH NO OH NO..." Pastry Cookie stirred. "Maybe if I stand super still she won't notice I'm here?" After a few more moments of terrifying silence, Pastry simply rolled onto her side and continued sleeping. Oh, thank whatever Gods are out there.... Red Velvet quickly picked up the weapon and exited through the window, his fall cushioned by Licorice's servants. "I've got it, let's go. I don't want to be here when she wakes up."

-

"I hope you don't think you're hiding that at our house, RV." Pomegranate Cookie stood at the door, eyeing the fork. "Listen. I don't care what you do around the kingdom, it's not my concern. However, I'd prefer if you didn't drag the rest of us into your shenanigans." Pomegranate sighed. Despite her words, she moved to the side to allow the trio into the house. "Don't worry, Pomegranate. This is only until I find a good hiding spot. I need a place where that woman won't find it easily..." A mischievous grin formed on his face. "Or, I'll just put it in a spot that she's bound to see, but it'll be out of her reach! Oh my gosh, I'm a genius!" He exclaimed. "It's been fun everyone, but I have business to attend to! Let's meet up next Friday!" Red Velvet quickly opened the door. "Wait!—" Licorice shouted after him, but Red Velvet was already gone. "That dumbass." He sighed. "Watch your language when you're in my house, mophead."

-

Pastry's Pov:

"Oh no. Where is it?! I KNOW I put it on my nightstand! It couldn't have just grown legs and walked away!" Clothes and other objects were being thrown all over the room, none of which being the item she was looking for. "If Reverend Mother finds out about this I will never hear the end of it...how would I even explain this?!" Pastry almost slipped as she went down the stairs, checking every room in her house multiple times. 

"Yap yap!" Pastry ignored it at first, opening drawers and cabinets in a frenzy to find her weapon. The barking continued, and Pastry started to get annoyed. She looked out the window by her front door, and gasped. It was her weapon...but to her horror, it was in the mouth of a cake hound. "HOW DID A CAKE HOUND?!" The cake hound began to run, knowing it got her attention. Pastry dashed out the door and chased the cake hound. "You better hope I don't catch up with you! The chase caused quite a scene, many cookies gasping at the fact that a cake hound had gotten into the kingdom. Pastry jumped forward, arms stretched out in an attempt to grab the dog, but it was slightly out of her reach. She hit the ground with a thud, but quickly recuperated and caught back up with the hound. It ran into a crowd, successfully shaking Pastry off it's trail. "Dang it! I was so close, too..." Pastry took a second to close her eyes and catch her breath. When she opened her eyes back up, she noticed the dog at the top of a building. The dog looked down on her before vanishing from sight again. The next time it appeared, it was accompanied by... "You've got to be kidding."...Red Velvet Cookie.

The cake hound dropped the fork in front of Red Velvet, who picked it up with his claw. "Well, if it isn't Pastry Cookie!" He shouted so that she could hear. "You better give that back, or so help me..." She shouted back. "Hey, no, don't do that just yet. I just wanted to see if it would make a good fashion statement. I quite personally think it makes a nice crown, you?" He put the fork on his head to prove his point, strutting back and forth on the roof. "Get down before I—" "Before you shoot me down? With what weapon? Hm?" Red Velvet laughed. "I think I've had my fun. You can have your fork back, but that depends on if you're willing to climb." Red Velvet placed the fork on the edge of the building. "Don't do that, it could fall!" She shouted. "Not my problem." He turned around and picked up the cake hound. Come, Chiffon! We must go home. I will have a wonderful dinner prepared for your efforts today!" 

The fork teetered on the edge, making Pastry panic. It slid off the building, and she expected the worst to happen, but it never came. "Make way, coming through!" A cookie made his way through the crowd, and used his lasso to grab the weapon and get it down safely. He caught it in a bag to prevent injury before facing Pastry Cookie. "No need to thank me, it's what Adventures do." He patted his own back. Pastry, still in shock, didn't answer, and instead continued staring at the building that the fork fell from. Another cookie, one with purple hair, appeared behind her. "My apologies. My employer can be quite a handful sometimes. Please be more careful with your belongings though." She curtsied before pushing the other cookie in the opposite direction. "Don't listen to her, if you need help with anything else you can find me at..." His voice faded into the noise of the busy kingdom.

-

Pastry was pissed. "I'm going to get him back, and it's going to be even worse than what he did today, I'll make sure of it!" She slammed her hand on the table, causing Parfait to jump slightly. "Calm down a little, you almost broke the table!" Parfait fixed her toppings. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. I'm just so...UGH." She put her face in her hands.  "How did he even get the weapon? It doesn't make sense?" She sighed angrily,  taking a scoop of icecream into her mouth. "I can't say I understand your anger, but I'm guessing that fork means a lot to you." Parfait pointed out. "If I were you, I'd play a prank back on him, but only enough to make him understand what he did, you know? Not to hurt him." Pastry thought for a moment before nodding. "You always have the best ideas, so what do you think the prank should be?" Parfait smiled mischievously, not a usual look on her face. "I've got one."

-

A/N: Guess who's back with a new chapter? That's right, me, Raspberry, the one and only. My arm is feeling a lot better now, so I'm back to writing, and it feels nice to be back. I'm going to take this opportunity to say happy late new years, and I hope that 2022 is everyone's year. One more thing, thank you for over 2k reads! I really didn't expect this book to even get 1, so it's pretty amazing. I'm done talking, thank you for reading! - Raspberry <3