Prologue: That Day.

꧁༒︎༒︎༒︎꧂

3rd Person POV:

It was gloomier than the usual.

The blue sky was immediately replaced with a rather grayish hue, and the radiance of the sun being blocked by a number of nimbus clouds. It was as if it could rain any moment now.

But little did one man know, everything was just going to get worse.

Bruised and wounded, Y/N L/N finally arrived at the front door of a house, with only one thing going on his mind.

His heart was beating hard and fast, no second thoughts of what he was going to do.

He was going to settle this, once and for all.

Panting and exhausted, but not daring to waver, he knocked on the door, seemingly awaiting what was beyond the door.

"Who's there?"

The door opened, revealing Imai Lisa, with her smile, immediately replaced with a mortified expression.

"OH MY GOD Y/N!" Lisa said, worried about the man's current condition.

She was reaching for his hand, but to no avail, as he flicks it away.

"... We have to talk." He replied with a tone that gave her a notion that something was terribly wrong.

"O-Okay..." Lisa said as she let the man in, seemingly wondering what happened.

The two both come in, and Lisa was holding a glass of water.

"So... What's wrong? What happened? Why are you beat up?" Lisa asked in concern.

She was completely flabbergasted, knowing that her very own best friend would go to great lengths such as this.

Now, he arrives at her household, beaten up and bruised.

"This is nothing... But I really need to speak to you." Y/N stated in a serious tone, uninterested with any other unnecessary topics.

"Y/N... What's wrong, I'm confused with what's with you... You don't know how much I'm worried about you..." Lisa stated.

At this point, Y/N couldn't wait anymore and he got straight to the point.

"Lisa..." He looked at her with serious eyes.

"I want you to break up with him."

...

...

...

"What?" Lisa just looked at Y/N, followed by an awkward silence. She then began to laugh awkwardly, seemingly trying to shake it off like she always did.

But it wasn't working.

"You're joking, right? That's really funny Y/N... That's a good one." Lisa smiled.

However, Y/N did not waiver. The sole purpose was the happiness and safety of his friend.

He couldn't possibly think about having her in the hands of a person who's considered her a rebound.

He couldn't bear the pain she could possibly feel when she finds out about how a man like Akira Sakamoto is playing with her feelings.

So, for once and for all, he had to finally step up and keep her safe.

He is doing this all for Lisa. The woman he loves.

"Lisa..." He started.

"You really got me there... You better not say that again..." Lisa said, however Y/N didn't waver.