Chapter 2 : Definitely Not Boppin'

꧁༒︎༒︎༒︎꧂

Y/N's POV:

French fries.

...

...

...

This is the third day that I've had French fries for breakfast. I can't help but wonder what kind of meal routine these girls have. I've been filling my stomach with nothing but these artificial potatoes these past few days, and I'm honestly starting to feel a bit sick about it. Are these the only types of food they eat in this household?

...

I shouldn't complain. I mean, it's better than nothing... That's for sure.

...It's not bad as... That time.

It still rings repeatedly in my head, all those hurtful words... All those pain and misery, regret, and a huge array of emotions I can't even comprehend. The way everything just fell apart, when I didn't even mean for it to go that way.

"Are you okay?" Hina asked. "You haven't touched your French fries for a while now... Is there something wrong?"

"I'm fine Hina..." I responded with a rather "bright" smile and started to eat the French fries, hoping they would finally shake the feeling off.

However, all I got was the two of them looking at me with a worried look on their faces. I couldn't help but feel that there was something wrong, and they'd be too stubborn to shake things off.

"...What...?" I asked. "Is there something on my face...?"

"...Who are you, and what have you done to Y/N-san?" Hina pouted. "We know there's something wrong, and I wanna know what it is..."

"I assure you, I'm fine! Now, please. Let's just eat, all right?"

Without anything else, the two Hikawas simply sighed and continued to eat the French fries, despite what seemed to be an appetite-killing mood. But seeing this didn't really bother me at all as I continued to eat my fries. But despite the great taste, there's this dullness to it, and what seemed to be an empty spot in my heart.

꧁༒︎༒︎༒︎꧂

3rd Person POV:

"Onee-chan, I'm heading out! We're meeting up at the agency for a new meet-and-greet! I'll come back home as soon as I can~!"

Heading for work, Hina Hikawa bid her farewell to Sayo and Y/N, as the latter still went on with the usual and same mood they had set.

"Stay safe, Hina." Sayo replied.

"See you later, Y/N-san~!" She waved at Y/N, who simply replied with a small wave.

And with that, Hina closes the door, leaving the house behind. The two who remained sat by opposite sides of the couch, and were both met with an awkward silence without Hina's presence.

Sayo turns to Y/N, who seemed to be thinking about something deep. He was just sitting there, waiting for something to happen.

"...You seem... Preoccupied, Y/N L/N." Sayo broke the silence, calling for his attention.

"Well, I'm just waiting for the hot water... Gotta' make some tea after all." Y/N replied with that same fake expression.

'I can't let Y/N just bottle up those feelings and act like nothing happened... I need to talk to him about this.' Sayo, who had a serious expression on her face, started to worry about him even more.