Chapter 4

'WELCOME TO

SEOUL UNIVERSITY OF SISU.

WE HOPE YOU FIND HOME HERE, FROM THE FIRST DAY UNTIL THE LAST.

DORM SIGN UP'S FROM 8-10 AT THE STUDENT OFFICE.

ALL MAJOR SWITCHES WILL BE TAKEN TO THE HEAD COUNCIL POST. PROCESS OF 2 MONTHS AT MOST.

CLUB REGISTRATIONS DURING AFTER-SCHOOL HOURS.

ENJOY THE YEAR!

SIGNED,

S.U.O.S.S STUDENT COMMITTEE'

Every student on campus is holding a poster of such. Stuffing it in their bags, holding it as they walk, using it to shield themselves from the heavy and unexpected March rain.

"Run, Taehyung! Run!" I shout at my friend as we make our way across the field. The sun has taken its rest this morning. And was hidden within the rain that fell upon everyone without an umbrella.

Needless to say, me and Taehyung were soaked by the time we reached the main hall. We both take off our coats, shaking them to get as much water out as possible.

"First day's luck." He tells me, still panting from our sprint here.

I whine as water drips out from my coat. "We better run again if we don't wanna be late for our first class." I kick at the floors underneath me in frustration.

"Pardon me! Excuse me!" Two students yell as they run past Taehyung and me in the halls.

"Late on the first day. What would Taeyong hyung say?" Jaemin babbles in a short breath.

"We're never gonna know because we aren't late yet, Jaemin. Look," Mark discloses, waving his hand at the just barely full classroom.

They take their seats in the middle rows, and the professor walks in just after them.

'MUSIC HISTORY 101' he writes on the chalkboard.

"I'd hate to be the two suckers we passed by in the halls earlier," Mark whispers to his side, earning a quiet laugh from Jaemin.

-

"Ms. Kim, Mr. Kim, may I ask why you two are late?"

Me and him, we're unlucky suckers, sir. I want to explain.

"We sincerely apologize, sir. We got caught up in the rain." Tae says instead, bowing. He nudges me on the arm, and I join his bow.

"Right, sir. We are very, very sorry. Luck is not on our side today." I blurt out.

"It seems so. Alright, take your seats." He orders us.

I look up from my bow to the classroom in front of me. A few students in the back row still giggling from our misfortune. I turn my head towards Taehyung, who was already moving up to 2 empty seats in the first row.

"Come on," He mouths to me, making me follow his lead immediately.

I tuck my chin in the palm of my hand, my elbow resting on the table. My gaze wanders off to the window, where the rain is still pouring down hard. I wouldn't be surprised if we'll be unable to hear the professor's lecture later on, even from the first row.

'ART THEORY 022' He writes sharply on the chalkboard, the sound making everyone wince.

The class ends with a short bow and leave from the professor. I watch as the rest of the students pack up their laptops and notebooks, leaving swiftly.

I follow their actions, stuffing whatever I managed to put on my table into the small backpack I carry - when a student comes up to where Taehyung and I are sitting.

She hands us over 2 flyers and leaves without saying a word, her black bobbed hair bouncing as she walks. I hold one flyer in my hand while Taehyung takes the other.

'JOIN OUR ARTS AND MUSIC CLUB TODAY! REGISTRATION AT AFTER SCHOOL HOURS ON CAMPUS GROUND'

Tae raises one eyebrow at me, "You'd think they'd give more information on the flyers." He comments. "Are you thinking of joining?"

"Most likely. I'll have to ask a few more questions first, though." I answer him, acknowledging the lack of information printed on the poster.

Taehyung and I get through the rest of our classes with busy schedules on our hands. Some professors thought it would be nice to take it easy today since it is the first, while some insisted on starting with a long lecture.

1 PM, the clock strikes. The two of us make our way to the main campus grounds to check out the clubs.

I look up at the sky, squinting when I see the sun has come out again. The grass is still wet from the rain, and the air is still misty, cold. I hug my coat tightly as I feel the breeze against my skin.

Taehyung notices my discomfort and hands me his scarf as if he's saying, 'I know how cold you get,'

I give him a quick nod and thank you before wrapping the scarf around me.

He and I arrive at a registration stan beaming the words 'ARTS AND MUSIC CLUB. JOIN NOW!'. The 2 girls sitting at the stand light up as they see me and Taehyung take interest in the club.

"Hi! My name's Vivi, and this is Violet." The bright orange-haired girl introduces herself and her friend. "How can we help you?"

"Oh, hello! My name's Y/n! My friend and I were just wondering if you could give us more information on the club." I turn to Taehyung before looking back at Vivi.

A smile pulls on her lips, "Well, here at the Arts and Music club, we do all sorts of activities! When we aren't practicing our individual skills, we're usually putting on events, show-cases, all of it! We specialize in all of the arts and music majors." She elaborates clearly.

Arts and music. I've always been interested in the music field. Before moving here, I spent my days writing songs with Namjoon, Yoongi, and Ji-Eun Unnie.

Spread out on the couch lazily, bouncing ideas off of each other. I wanted to be like them, singing on stage, performing my songs. I still do. But Namjoon insisted I take the college path first.

'Take charge in your art career first, and mingle in music.' he would tell me.

"What do you say?" Her friend, Violet, asks Taehyung and me, sliding over a sign-up sheet.

I look at him with wide eyes, communicating with him as if telepathically.

'That's a lot to take in,'

'Do we even have time for a club this big?'

'I know I definitely don't. But you should sign up.'

'I don't know, should I?'

'It's a good opportunity.'

I nod at Taehyung before taking the pen and signing up my name and phone number. Y/n Kim. I write.

The two girls squeal in excitement. "We look forward to seeing you again!" Vivi tells me. She hands me over a tote bag of merchandise, supplies, and a schedule folder.

"Thank you!" I bow as Tae and I leave, two guys taking our place as they approach the stand.

"Hi! My name's Vivi, and this is Violet. How can we help you?" The two girls go through their routine.

"Oh, we just wanted some more details on the..." Mark's voice trails off as he sees the name on the sign-up sheet.

He widens his eyes. Y/n Kim.

-end of chapter 4