Chapter 9

MONDAY MORNING, MARCH 7 2016

-----------------------

"Y/n. Y/n, you there? We're gonna be late. Come on."

I wake up to the shake of a hand on my shoulder.

"Ugh... What time is it?" I groan, still not opening my eyes and clutching the pillow beside me.

"Almost 8, Y/n. Get up," The voice tries to convince me. Despite their effort, I remain unmoving on the fabric I lay on.

I hear another voice join in and listen as they conversate in front of me.

"Well, how do you usually get her to wake up?" The first one asks.

"I don't. She usually wakes up on her own and is never late." The second voice answers.

"She must be tired from last night." And at the third voice joining in the conversation, I jolt awake - From what I just discovered is the couch.

My face flushes red at the view of Mark and the memory of last night. It was his hand that pulled me into sempiternal last night, and his shoulder that I fell asleep on when everyone came over to my place after the festival.

I hold my hand to my head, feeling a headache as the images of last night come back to me.

"You alright, Y/n? Maybe you should stay home today-"

"No! I'm fine, I swear." I jump off the sofa to the cold floor, causing me to lose my balance, and grab ahold of the nearest person to me.

"Thanks," I mumble. My eyes shift onto the glass coffee table and the 4 glasses that sit on top of it.

I look up to the three people who stand beside me. Taehyung, Jaemin, Mark. Mark. They are all fully dressed and ready, while I'm still in the clothes I wore to the festival last night.

I sigh and part my hair with my fingers. "You all can go ahead. I'll meet up with you guys later on."

The three throw glances at each other before Taehyung speaks up, "Are you sure about that, Y/n? We'd gladly wait for you."

I begin cleaning up the living room, sorting everything into place, "Really sweet of you guys, but I'm sure." I ensure them, carrying glasses into the sink.

And after a few 'No,' 's and 'Are you sure' 's, they all bid their goodbyes and leave me to my troubles for the day.

Mark's eyes meet mine as he walks out. He mouths me a quick 'See you later,' and gives me a smile before closing the door shut.

Once I hear a click from the door, I sink into the floor on my knees, covering my face with my hands in sorrow. 'There is no way I can make it to my first lecture in time.'

LAST NIGHT, 1 AM

"Y/n, do you mind if I use your bathroom?"

We were all spread out in my living room, watching whatever movie we could find after the festival. The tv flashed colors of all kinds against our faces in the dark.

"Not at all. It's the first door in my bedroom." I directed him, bringing my ceramic mug to my lips and taking another sip of my tea.

Mark nodded and left out of our eyesight as he entered my room.

He closed the door behind him and stopped in his tracks as he looked around my bedroom.

Giving in to his curiosity, Mark walked over to my study table, where I had all my things laid out. He brought his fingers over my essay papers and paintings, feeling as the pigments graced the blank canvas in bright colors.