Chapter 10

"There she is!" Jaemin and the others holler and clap, teasingly, as I come into view. I roll my eyes under the dark sunglasses I wear to hide my eyebags.

"Shut up, all of you." I sternly tell them. I take a sip of the hot chocolate in my brown paper cup. Coffee would be better for this situation, but I'm really not in the mood to get myself another headache. At least not before my third class starts in fifteen minutes.

I sit down next to Jaemin on the wooden dining chairs. The sun shines against my laptop screen as I open it up, placing it on the table in front of me.

"How are you holding up?" Mark asks me with care, peaking his head over the edge of my laptop. His eyes are as familiar as they were yesterday, dark honey swirling, staring into my own black eyes.

I give him a small smile, "I definitely could be better." I confess as I begin typing aggressively at my keyboard.

"What was even in your mug last night, Y/n. Do you usually get this hungover after drinking coffee?" He smirks.

I shoot him a glare, "It wasn't the coffee - it was the staying up." I explain.

"And the coffee," Taehyung adds, earning a laugh from Jaemin and Mark.

I rest my elbows on the table and my head in the palm of my hands. "Whatever. I'm just looking forward to getting home again after my last lecture."

I am still dreading to sleep. And I know a boring lecture praising the infamous artists isn't gonna help my case. Really, I would prefer actual technique practicing.

"Don't forget, we have that club thing after school." Jaemin reminds me. 'Why did he have to?'

"Don't give me that look, Y/n." He warns me from my side. I continue to glare at him, hoping red lasers will shoot out of my eyes.

"Come on, it'll be fun!" Mark appears from my back, suddenly, and grabs me by my hand. He pulls me up from my chair and twirls me into him for everyone passing by to see.

"Mark!" I yell at him as he laughs at my flushed face.

Jaemin watches us with a grin as Mark continues to try getting me excited. He was failing, of course. Everyone could tell with my frowning face.

"I thought you weren't even excited about this club, Mark. You said, and I quote, 'But did you have to sign me up for this stupid cl-'"

"Well, some people are trying to get their minds off their debut that is weeks away," Mark cuts him off, turning his gaze from me. I use his now lack of focus to get my hands out of his grip.

"Nice try, Y/n." He grins at me. "Right, let's get you to class."

"Mark! My laptop!" I exclaim, looking back at the table as he pulls me into the building.

"Don't worry, Y/n. I'll bring it to you later on!" Taehyung shouts to me.

I groan as I follow Mark's lead a few steps away. 'This boy will be the death of me.'

A FEW HOURS LATER

"Alright, everyone- Oh God." Vivi winces as the mic makes ear-piercing noises. "Second time now." Violet sighs next to her.

We are all gathered in a local campus hall, Mark sitting on my left and Jaemin on my right. The chairs are lined up theater style. Red and velvet, soft against our skins.

Vivi and Violet stand on the stage, flipping through their papers. Vivi's bright orange hair shines against the lighting on the set as Violet pushes it back for her.

They are both great, hard-working girls. I've gotten to know them better in the half an hour we've been here. As well as the other characters in this club.

"And there is this event you all might be interested in," Vivi continues, making me focus my attention on her. "It's nothing too big, only a local, small concert at the mall this weekend. Would any of you care to join?"

I feel as Mark nudges me on the arm. He leans close to me from his seat, "Y/n," He calls my name. I ignore him. "Y/n. Y/n. Y/n. Y/n-"

"Mark," I turn to him. I did not consider how close he would be. I can feel his breath against my own.

"You should join." He tells me.

I turn my head towards the stage again, "I don't know. I've done enough performing." I say, recalling the other day.

"Oh, come on, Y/n. Don't act like yesterday wasn't exciting." Jaemin joins in the conversation.

"It was terrifying. Exciting, definitely, but I- I just don't think I'm prepared enough." I admit. I rest my chin in my hand and lean forward from my seat.

Mark and Jaemin look at each other. "Well, you have like, a week to practice now," Jaemin debates.

"And you don't even have to do it alone this time," Mark adds.

I roll my eyes at the two, "Yeah, and you idiots wanna perform with me?" I asked, earning a series of 'No' 's from them. "Case closed."

"Well, we have other people who would love to perform with you," Mark informs, making me turn my head to him.

"Seriously!" He says as I look at him in disbelief. "Remember when I mentioned NCT to you the other day-"

"Don't bother, dude. That ship has sailed." Jaemin sighs.

I think about it. 'Would these NCT people really be interested in performing with me? How do they even know me?' I didn't really see a point in meeting them before. Big groups make me nervous - they do.

But I feel as if a door has just opened. An opportunity. I can see it already, 'New! Video of pre-debut *Insert NCT member name here* performing with talented girl at local mall event!'

There is too much on that ship to let it just sail, no matter how scary it will be boarding it.

"Alright," I say. I raise my hand, grabbing Vivi's attention. "I'll do it."

-end of chapter 10

(A/n: I APOLOGIZE FOR NOT UPLOADING FOR A FEW DAYS. I wanted to take some time off for, you know, new years, school. But anywayz, here's a new chapter! Vote and comment if you like!)