winter bear

Taehyung

↽▿◘◦◈◦◘▴⇀

"She looks like a blue parrot, won't you come fly to me?"

Your heart can't help but melt at the sight before you.

Taehyung holds your newborn baby girl close to his chest as he hums a soothing lullaby to her, hoping to gently coerce her to a restful sleep. It's been a long Christmas for her, her first Christmas in fact, and she needs to rest.

As you watch, he sways along to the tune of his song, removing the festive bow you so decadently placed on her head this morning. As you hear the soft-spoken melody, you're brought back to the first time you ever listened to it. You smile as you're reminded of the way it warmed you from the inside out, and how it has now become the chosen lullaby for your beautiful child.

Leaning against the door, you realize that you've never found him more beautiful than he is now.

The careful way he holds your baby girl, the gentle tune he carries as he rocks her back and forth, and the tender look he sends her way as she nuzzles deep into the crook of his shoulder; just makes your heart explode in a sweet cacophony of love and devotion it's difficult to stand it. It reminds you just how much you need him, and how grateful you are to be blessed to live out a life with him by your side. Just how many people can say that and truly mean it? You're lucky, ever since the first day those gorgeous hazelnut eyes rested on yours, you've always known you were lucky.

Smiling, you rest your head on the doorframe, your eyelids drooping in kind with the solace his voice brings. However, that small movement warrants his attention, and he turns to you, his eyes seeking yours. His face breaks into a wide grin as he catches sight of you, and you chuckle fondly at the sight. Eyes twinkling with a mischievous tune, he beckons for you to come and sing with him, but you shut him down quickly, shaking your head in a firm rebuttal. Which, no doubt, earns a hard cold stare from him as though his disappointment would change your mind. When it's indicated by your rolling eyes that it won't work, he decides instead to take matters into his own hands.

Which loosely translates into: a call to ceasefire.

In this case, the "fire" would be his song.

Your heart dropping to the bottom of your stomach, you realize what he's about trying to do.

Your sweet child is nowhere near a restful sleep yet, she's held captivated in a quiet doze. So without the soft swaying and the familiar hum of her father's luscious baritone, she's sure to wake up in a fit any minute now. You try to plead with him, rapidly whispering for him to continue, but he smirks practically boasting as he knows he's already won. You give a stern glare, but once you hear the beginning hiccups of a long cry, you quickly pull yourself off the doorframe and into the room, taking your child from Tae and resting her safely in your arms.

"Looks like a Winter Bear." You coo softly, the hum of your voice almost immediately calming her down. As she nestles into your breast you let out a quiet sigh of relief before eyeing Taehyung as he silently laughs, his eyes crinkling at the corners with buoyancy.

"You sleep so happily." It's hard for you to stay mad at him when he looks this happy, but when he moves to hug you, you promptly turn your back on him, keeping up your angry facade. He obviously doesn't mind as he wraps his arms around you, resting his chin on your shoulder and watching as your daughter drifts slowly off into a peaceful sleep. He knows you aren't really angry, and at the sight of the smile present on your face, he is reassured of that fact.

When you sing the next line, this time it isn't just your voice, it is the two of yours ricocheting off of the other in gorgeous harmony.

"I wish you good night, good night, good night." When her body grows heavy in your arms, and she finally goes still, her eyes closing dutifully; you carry her to her crib, all the while singing softly to her ear. Once you know she is safe in her crib, nestling next to her collection of stuffed animals, you turn to Taehyung. He shares the same look that you reciprocate, full of content happiness and compassion, your hearts bursting with the emotion as you leave your daughter in the secure shelter of her dreams.

And as you leave, the final lyrics to your melody play on the air, encasing her in a cocoon of the purest form of love.

"Good night, good night." 

↽▿◘◦◈◦◘▴⇀